1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

pants rolled up or down

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by nextlevel5, May 19, 2006.

1. bbaseball

bbaseball Junior Member

DEFINATELY pants up...when the game was the game, peopple wore pants up. i personally like the stirrups that barely go above the ankles.

2. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Pants leg up or down

We leave it up to the seniors every year. As long as they are all the same it doesn't matter to me. I never like the stirrups as a player they seemed to always slip under the heel sooner or later during the game.

3. RedsSouthPawMom

RedsSouthPawMom Groovy Grandma

Show The Socks

The sock has always been a part of the uniform. I can remember growing up when everyone wore the stirrups and showed them. A return to those days would preserve the history and tradition of the game. I really think that major league baseball needs a sock rule just like the NFL has to ensure uniformity and a product that is professional looking.

My family and I like to see as many of the Charlotte Knights games as possible. I can remember watching a game against the Toledo Mud Hens two seasons ago. All of the players and coaches on the Toledo team wore and displayed their stirrups (at the same height). I was so impressed! The team looked so professional! I kept looking in the Toledo dugout to see if Sparky Anderson was in there. Sparky always required his players to look professional both on and off the field. When I see a guy like Manny Ramirez in the outfield looking like he is wearing his pajamas, makes me long for the good ole days. Just my openion.
    RSPD.