1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Partners in Team Travel (PITT)

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softballphreak, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatertot

Tatertot Full Access Member

I wouldn't think that someone that does this for the good of the girls would penalize the girls for decisions their parents make.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

and to think I was only going to ask if my young son could work your tourney selling sno cones with his new investment.:bigok:

He's 12 yo, but the kid is an entrepreneuer

3. ChiliDAWG

ChiliDAWG Full Access Member

Its a GREAT IDEA

A couple years ago, when told I had to book our team by PTT I was skeptical and a little offended because I have arrangements with a couple hotels where WE benefit from the booking of the rooms - benefit being, discounted rooms or upgraded rooms AND "points" toward future stays. By the way, we stayed in upgraded rooms in Las Vegas last year at a 4 star hotel - on the strip - for 49.00 per night! Plus we got "free play credit" and discounts on meals.

After contacting PTT regarding this situation, they were very amicable and actually booked the rooms for me at our pre-arranged rate with the hotel and we received all the benefits associated with our arrangements with the hotels. I don't know if they received their commission however, I hope they did. They were very nice to deal with and very good at what they do. Don't you think they are entitled to make a profit?
    Also, I see where some posters here have "done the math" but let me tell you, being a businessman, - there is Math, then, there is Reality. It's NEVER as sweet a deal as the outsider thinks. NEVER.
    What I'm saying is,
    It's all about leverage. It's all about trying to save a buck or two and help the families on the team. Getting Value for the dollar spent. AND, if you can do that, and make it easier and more organized - where is the downside? ............ Enter PITT. Good thinking Cardinals!

The Cardinals Organization is a prime example of that. If anyone thinks that they are getting rich off these tournaments, and booking fees, you ought to take Rick up on his offer of volunteering and helping him.
    First of all, Cardinals players do not pay the $750 - $2500 a year to play like all the other teams charge. I would suppose that the money for that comes from tournaments, contracts, etc.... Knowing the QUALITY of people that run that organization, I would be willing to bet you that EVERY penny of any monies they make (which is NEVER as much as an outsider would think) is put back into the team for the benefit of the girls AND their families.
    It's a wonderful thing that Ray, Rick and the Organization do. And I know in my heart they personally don't make a dime. And, they work diligently on behalf of ALL the softball players in NC - for the good of the game, for the good of the girls. How many times have I received an email from Rick at 11:30 at night answering an ASA question i had? BTW, thanks Rick.
    When you travel to other places in the country playing the game - the Cardinals are the team most associated with NC - that is because their reputation is spotless. Every major College Coach, Every Tournament Director, Everyone knows Ray - and Rick and have nothing but great things to say about them.
    So please, just because you had a bad experience at another tournament - don't start looking for people to accuse of the same thing.
    "THIS AIN'T THAT" -
    From me and my family -
    Sorry you felt you had to defend yourself Rick. Keep up the good work and thank you for all you do for the sport.
    Nuff Said.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  4. scal

scal Full Access Member

The Cardinals are a great example of a couple really smart guys who worked themselves into a position over the years, got involved with the ASA, started sponsoring tournaments, and put that money back into the organization. Plus, they are good about answering questions coaching the good talent, and when you can raise a lot of money from tournaments and pass that savings on to some of the best talent the state has to offer....that's huge. Does it give them a monetary unfair advantage among other teams, depends on who you ask.

I may not know much, but my I know other teams who sponsored tournaments and their teams played off that money almost all season.

I'm not slandering them, matter of fact I'm applauding them. To be able to pull something like this off and build an organization like they and the others there have done, who wouldn't love that. Fact is, if others could do it they would.

Chilidawg is a perfect example someone who already had a good thing with hotel booking, but was forced to use another organization in order for his team to play......if that is truely happening someone somewhere has fixed it.

5. Tatertot

Tatertot Full Access Member

So if you are within "driving distance" you are not required to rent a room. Who decides whether or not you are within driving distance and do they check the mileage on your car to make sure you actually drove? It is an honest question because if I and my daughter sleep in our own bed and get good rest for the next day I'm willing to drive a little farther whereas some may be able to sleep just fine with all the screaming in the hallways and banging on the walls. I'm not trying to say anyone is making a fortune although $50,000 in entry fees alone is not too shabby for one tournament, but if I have to decide on what is best for my family or their organization I'm going to do what is best for my family like anyone else would.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

I think that everything that could be said about this has been said. from here it will just degrade to a level we wont go to.

any further questions about this can be directed to the appropriate tournament director.

closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.