1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Perfect Game WWBA 17U

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by hotbox, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

WWBA 17u Tourney

The Dirtbags got to the championship game by playing outstanding defense , they got great pitching performances from everyone on the staff and they got timely hits. One player not mentioned above that was outstanding was Seth Frankoff. This guy pitched great. He started two games and won both only giving up 1 run. He came in and gave the Dirtbags a couple of good innings in relief in the championship game as well. I was very impressed with this young man. UNCW got a good one. Jason Wallace got some two out rbi hits in at least two games that were critical as well. He played lf 3b and DH during the tourney and really impressed me. This guy can flat out play and is a great young man as well. I had the opportunity to watch all the DB games and many more other games as well. No one played the game with more intensity and no one was better coached. Coach Partin and Maness did a tremendous job of manageing the games and players throughout the week. It was a great baseball experience for all the players and alot of fun.

2. hitstreak

hitstreak Junior Member

You are right, Frankoff was outstanding. Sorry I missed him. Anybody reading this post with talented kids, should really consider the Dirtbags. The team will compete with anybody at any level, and the quality of kid that they look for will play for any college coach. My hat is off to Andy, for outstanding work. He downplays his role as a coach alot, but he can coach.

3. do_it_rightfirsttime

do_it_rightfirsttime Junior Member

Dirtbags

It is very interesting to see the comments being made about the Dirtbags. They have been a quality program from day one and are finally getting the recognition they deserve. If I am not mistaken, there are 3 teams. Dirtbags16U, Dirtbags17U, and Dirtbags. All three of the teams have some very good players on them. If I were a scout, the Dirtbags and SCP would be my first stop for evaluating potential players for a program.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow...one of the nicest things anyone on TBR has said about Andy. Maybe I can post his interview now :D

5. Braves

Don't forget abot the On Deck O's. They were the trailblazers for grabbing attention at the PG's games. They still hold the record at the WWBA World Series by having allowed 0 runs in 25 consecutive innings.

But I salute everything Andy has done for the players in NC, in particular.

6. do_it_rightfirsttime

do_it_rightfirsttime Junior Member

Didn't mean to leave anyone out. I was not aware of their previous accomplishments so kudos to them for getting things started.
    There are many different ways to participate in summer baseball but none of the other options get the attention from the scouts as the showcases and National events. Imagine seeing 110 teams in one area over a week’s time. It is a scouts dream and a player’s way of getting some recognition.

7. hitstreak

hitstreak Junior Member

The scouts get a real feel for the gamers, the kids with speed, bat speed, and those that can play the game. The competition is awesome and the intensity that is displayed is very high. The umpiring is consistent unless you play an East Cobb Team. There is no question that they get the calls at the right time, the strike zone gets adjusted to suit them. That is just the way it is. You have to see it to believe it.

8. Braves

ain't dat da trut...but the one good thing about PG's event at East Cobb is they bring in their own umpires and most of them are excellent.

9. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

Interesting Note

Congratulations to the Dirtbags on an excellent showing. Interesting to note the All American Prospects are the same team that won the USA Baseball Junior Olympic Tournament just two weeks earlier in Jupiter that the North Wake County team participated in. The North Wake team actually played the Prospects and were run ruled 12-1 in 6. It was really the only poor performance of the week for North Wake and it just happened to be against the best team in the field. Nonetheless, I agree, NC baseball is as good as anywhere in the country with the right collection of players and coaches. Congrats to all.

10. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Charlotte Heat

The Charlotte Heat coached by Jason Harris also advanced into the playoffs of the Perfect Game event played last week. They ended up finishing 17th. This team gets overlooked very often just like they have on here since they are such a young team. Congratulations to Jason Harris and the rest of the Charlotte Heat for a strong performance in the Perfect Game event.