1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pineville thread

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Reid Rollinson is on the bump tonight. Some are pitchers that play other positions and some are position players that pitch. Reid could be categorized in either role.

I have known Reid since he was 11 and he remains one of my favorite players. He's an athlete that can play all sports but chose to concentrate on baseball. He's a fine young man that has grown and matured tremendously the last 2 years. A great competitor that will love pitching in the situation he finds himself in...as I am typing this I am recalling alot of my days being around Reid. He is a unique young man in that he doesn't follow the crowd. He's his own man....I love this kid!!!!! and his Mom...and his sister....not sure about the Dad, though......just kidding Mark! Love you, too! Whether you know it or not, you and Reid are a lot alike. Stand up guys.

Enough of this lovefest. It should be a great game tonight. Reid Rollinson vs Matt Gragg...if it doesn't rain, I hope all of Charlotte will be there.

2. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Braves....you got me all misty eyed now...Reid I love you too man!!!

Come out and support Pineville Baseball tonight....we have a shot to close out the Area 4 Championship and get a number 1 seed in the State Tournament....should be a great game

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Most people in Charlotte have not had the opportunity to see South Caldwell or Caldwell Post play before. Nor have they seen or heard the supporters of Caldwell Legion either. Tonight is your night to catch them:

I have a feeling this game might be very interesting;

- 2 very good teams
    - 2 very good pitchers
    - Great fan support
    - The cow bells have not made it out to the games this year...tonight might be the night

Nothing to do in Charlotte tonight...so you might as well come on out.

4. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

POST 29 SMACKS PINEVILLE

Great game last night in Pineville

CALDWELL COUNTY POST 29..... 15

pineville..... 8

CAROLINA MAN

5. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Bam....took it right in the chops, that's the good news CM. The bad news is Pineville is still up 2-1 and you have to find a way to do it again tonite.

Good luck tonite....should be another good game.:woohoo:

6. Carolina Man

Pineville runs into a buzz saw name Messer

Caldwell County 7

Pineville 2

Jimmie Messer pitched 9 complete innings giving up 2 runs

Madison Bumgarner hits a 2 run bomb

Casey Justice hits a 2 run triple

Great show of heart from Messer on the hill and from the whole 29er team

Carolina man

7. Carolina Man

Now the good news is we're tied 2-2 and it will be hard to beat Bumgarner twice

Carolina Man :woot:

8. Carolina Man

The powers to be made us retire the cow bells and all the noise makers.
    kind of sad. Attendance is actually down this year because of the economy being so bad in Caldwell with all the furniture going overseas

Carolina Man

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  9. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

Area IV Finals

12to6 was onto something. Here was P'villes starting rotation at the start of the season: Andress, Bard, Layman, Morris, Rollison. That was a good matchup for Caldwell's: Baumgarner, Messer, Gragg, etc. on paper but

Bard has been out since early July and Morris is in FL with the Indians. So P'ville has Andress, Austin, Edwards, Layman, Mauney, Miller, Rollison, Whitten. Austin has been out this entire series. Guys who aren't as recognizeable and weren't in the starting role have been asked to step up and guys who haven't been on a mound since little league are filling in. Everybody is doing their best and knew that it was an uphill battle to just get into the later rounds of the Area IV championships.

So what happens when you have guys with less experience, stamina and instruction standing in as pitchers? The ball gets up or not in the right spot at the right time. Against a good, experienced team like CldCty... they make you pay. That's the way it goes.

Tonight is likely to be a patchwork pitching rotation. I don't recall Gragg pitching this series yet so maybe CldCty has him to start and Madison for an inning or two to close. If that's the case, you gotta like the odds over what P'ville will put together with a little string and bubblegum. Maybe you get a few innings outta MattX2 and throw a little Googs and a dash of Miller (who was effective last nite).

Anyway if the CldCty bus get stuck in traffic and breaks down and Post 29 has to march the last 5 miles to SMeck, that'd even things out a bit for tonight's game!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

CM...I can't argue with you on this one. Messer pitched a great ball game!! Says a lot for the kid just coming back from vacation and coming out and giving that type of performance. Your guys came out ready to play and make a statement and ours did not.

Good job 29er's!! Good luck tonight, hopefully we will give you a little better game.:ylsuper: