1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pineville thread

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

POST 29 WINS AREA IV TITLE

Great Series... Caldwell wins series over Pineville 3-2

Caldwell County 9

Pineville 1

Great pitching performance by Derek Coffey

16 hits at the plate

Thanks for sending Cherryville home

Will be pulling for Pineville in the State Tournament except of course if we meet again...LOL....Seriously... Good luck in the State Tournament

Carolina Man

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  2. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

with 16 hits the 29ers proved a point. they had a good approach at the plate. get up, snuggle in and put the bat on the ball. lots of ground balls tween short and third. when p'ville came inside they kept their hands in and produced soft liners over the infielders.

IMO p'ville gave the opposing pitcher the advantage. with the umpire giving a good 4-6 inch margin on the outside corner, CldCty stuck that floating curve out there, consistently getting ahead in the count and then staying there or coming in occassionally. For the most part the result was a lot of lazy fly balls and weak contact off the end of the bat.

The p'ville team has a great sense of the plate... but they don't call balls and strikes. The umpire calls the game and they never adjusted to his strike zone. Most of them sat 12-18 " away from the plate. to his credit, the opposing pitcher saw an opportunity and seized it... and was never threatened.

A tighter strike zone and or ability to adjust will get the bats going again and serve them well in the thomasville.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  3. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

Congrats to Caldwell!
    I think Pineville should have won this series being up 2-0! They had chances in game 3 and 4 and didn't hold the lead...
    But....We'll see what happens in the state finals!
    Again, hats off to Caldwell, they are tough!!!!!! They don't get short changed at the plate!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I think Pineville will be fine. As long as Andress and Layman get their rest. They've got the talent to get it done. They just have to remember the way they played in Game 1 and 2. No errors and making plays will be the deciding factor.

I have a strong feeling that Keith Mauney is going to have a monster tournament.

5. u-r-out

u-r-out Full Access Member

Good Idea, after all he is forgoing his summer and any rest that his arm might need to promote YOUR PROGRAM, and to put butts in the seats where YOU are charging admission. The only thing that my kid has ever gotten from the Legion program is food on away games. We have to understand that Legion, or anything else, is not COMPLETELY about the kids, and helping them to advance. Heck even USSSA is about making a living for people. Now if a kid can benefit from it as well then that is even better. I guess that IMPACT BASEBALL is about committment and the beterment of the kids. Remember that everyone has an ajenda.

6. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

whether you wanna believe it or not, most of the kids that play legion are rising college freshman who just need a place to fine tune their game and stay active during the summer, its not about committment for them, its about not getting rusty when fall ball comes in college. and if you wanna go to the beach for a few days with your family or friends, then you can miss acouple games, no big deal, it gives other guys an opportunity to play and make an impact on your team.

7. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

u-r-out....I'm not sure I understand your post....if a kid is advancing to the next level how can he not get "something out of it" by playing 40 plus more games, more additional AB's, innings on the mound or in the field??? Just not sure where you were going with this....

8. Carolina Man

u-r-out has a burr under his saddle for some reason and can't figure out why......but anyway I'm still trying to figure out what my agenda is...did'nt know i had one

carolina man

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

You can't get this one by me Carolina Man...I know what your agenda is. But your secret is safe with me :D

10. Carolina Man

post 29

lol.....thats pretty good...really did'nt know i had a agenda and certainly not with u-r-out...if its who i think it is, he's a friend of mine

carolina man