1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pitcher takes all the credit

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by iluvsoftball, Apr 29, 2008.

1. klbccb

klbccb Junior Member

Answer

Catchers and Pitchers expell tons of more energy than the others. Pitchers are seeing pitch counts in the hundreds and in travel most of the pitchers and catchers go 3-4 games without rest!

2. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

no doubt... college coach once told me that you have to be a "maniac" to pitch if your goal is to do so at the collegiate level.

3. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

My DD at one point said she wanted to be a pitcher. That faded quickly when I informed her of the commitment it takes to be a top notch pitcher.

Not to spark the debate further but many of the girls I know who are not pitchers or catchers also work very hard during the off season, after practices, etc. going to the batting cages, dragging dear old dad out to a field to pound ground balls at them, throwing with whomever they can find and so on.

4. erms

erms Full Access Member

Well put!!!!

5. CougarCoach

CougarCoach Full Access Member

Hard Work

ALL Softball players that are successful have to be hard workers...extra hitting, fielding, etc. My point is that pitchers...the top level pitchers...have to work at developing their skills year round. To be a successful pitcher you have to redefine yourself at every level. What worked at middle school won't work in high school and what works in high school won't work in travel ball, college, etc.; unless you are throwing in the high 60's with movement!

I think that the dads of pitchers actually are the hardest workers around, we have the hours logged and the nerve damage in the glove hand to prove it!!!

6. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Don't forget the bruised and battered shins and kneecaps, not to mention the more sensitive areas.

7. erms

erms Full Access Member

I think that the dads of pitchers actually are the hardest workers around, we have the hours logged and the nerve damage in the glove hand to prove it!!![/quote]

as well as the heart hurt......one day somebody will look out after a game and wonder why I am still standing there all alone. It will be because I died clinging to the backstop wondering how that couldn't be a strike!!!

ERMS

8. CougarCoach

CougarCoach Full Access Member

God Bless you brother...

we all feel your pain!!

9. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Man --You'll Dragged Me Into This !!!

I do agree with most of what everybody has said, but I will say that my daughter is not a pitcher,and we would be on the ballfield 2-4 hours at least 5 days a week all summer,every summer..never took vacations with the family, while others were at the beach kicked back, we were throwing or hitting,and when we went to the beach we took our bats / gloves and threw on the beach or hit wiffle balls. I do know of some pitchers that don't work as hard as others,and still expect the recognition for the win, but in general most good pitchers work hard to get where they are now !!! In my conclusion, I know most of the threaders on this TBR Prep Section, they just don't know that I know them,and the majority of their kids have earned every inch of the way toward their next level. To me you get what you put into the game, if you work hard you get rewarded unless you are in deep politics. I hate to see good talented kids not getting their just rewards, because they don't fit the criteria of our "political world " !!! Got a couple of PM's from a couple of my good friends over the last couple of weeks, asking my opinion on different issues, and I told them you have arrived just kick back, and enjoy the next 4 years of your DD's collegiate careers, mine hasn't got there yet...still pushing on to the next level !!!

Guru

10. RED18

RED18 Full Access Member

This is an on going situation that probably will never change. I find no fault in the young lady that was interviewed, it is not like she told the news to interview her only, it is just a fact, like it was previously stated, that the one with the ball, either gets the so called glory or takes the heat when all isnt rosy. I have always taught my daughter, you dont need to have your name in the paper, or have a huge trophy or award to know that you did your job and did it well.. Now mind you it is nice, but as long as she knows she performed to the best of her abilities, then she should be proud of herself win or lose. I think it is silly to say any one postition is more important than the other.. that is when you lose sight of the importance of "team", and you can't play the game without all 9 players! So kudo's to the kids who do or dont get their name in the paper etc, you are doing your job everytime you step out onto the field, and that in the end what is most important.