1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pitchers this year

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by kanwj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. kanwj

kanwj Full Access Member

I didn't realize Kayla was still at Lake Norman. They have so many pitchers. I also wondered who would who took over at East Rowan.

2. F-PITCH

F-PITCH Full Access Member

Sidney Poole

3. bugsdad

bugsdad Full Access Member

she is still around,just up i-85 at Elon.Got her realease from the knee doc a couple weeks ago.Just start pitching full out couple days ago.Little ways to go but she's busting her fanny.First game Feb.10. Back to the subject....agree with Sharon,Sydney "fred" Poole will make a big impact over the next couple years.You go against her without taking it serious she will shut you down.The kid has got the tools!

4. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Best pitchers?

Check the NCAA D1 career statistics four years after this year's class graduates. Then you'll know. You just can't compare HS pitchers based on stats. Travel ball . . . a better measuring stick but still too many variables.

This is not to take anything away from any successful HS pitcher. However, best not to make any assertion about who's 'better or best' until they've faced D1 lineups.

5. Daddydobber*

Daddydobber* Where Did He Go ???

Dang I thought this was about HS pitchers not College :spiny::spiny::spiny: Actually HS freshmen pitchers !!!!!!!!!

6. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Yes

I acknowledge this. My point is simply that there's no need to try figure out which HS pitcher is best or even better. There are lots of "good ones". Nobody likes good pitching better than I do.

7. Daddydobber*

Daddydobber* Where Did He Go ???

Well then why compare them to College Level hitters they are all of 14 and 15 yrs old what the heck does comparing them to D-1 hitters have to do with ANYTHING its HS ....... Why not let them shine in HS before the pressure of being a Student -Athlete in college .... They have 4 yrs before they have to face a Colleigate Hitter some will make it some will not ....just my :two-cents:

8. Bama23

Bama23 Junior Member

I didn't see Lexi Davis at Porter Ridge.

9. 2dddad

2dddad Full Access Member

I agree that stats can be and often are "doctored" in all but one category. _WINS _ that my friends is how you measure a pitcher !

10. fastpitchdad1994

fastpitchdad1994 Where is the GURU???

Pitcher's get credit for the win but it takes all 9 girls to WIN a game! I have seen average pitcher's win games because of the defense behind them and I've seen really good pitcher's take a loss because of the defense behind them. So the statement that wins is how you measure a pitcher isn't accurate.