1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Players/Teams to Watch

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, Mar 10, 2004.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Heather Pitchard and Leah Krohn are excellent players, students and outstanding young ladies who havent signed yet........any ideas on where they are heading. Heard UNC-G was interested in LK but how could Heather be overlooked with all that athletic abilities she has???

2. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Lake

Sorry for the delay, Robinson haas a good little team as U may by now discovered, Tori, Candance, Theresa, and Britt among others make up a nice little core of scappy players. Candance can go yard on most fields but not at Robinson's huge park. There is some speed there but coach does not like to bunt, former baseball guy. Robinson will make the playoffs and be a force in 3a.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Morgan Mayer,P, '06, Hunter Huss(4A) in Gastonia, NC, All-State (and only one of two freshmen on the first-ever NC ALL-STATE Team and most should know the other one)

works hard yearround, developing alot of movement on a bunch of pitches.
    nice to see her offensive skills are catching up with the rest of her.

:xyzthumbs

4. lakenormanrks

lakenormanrks Junior Member

THANKS for the info, however, my daughter's game against them was rained out. Rumors had that they had lost 3 starters, and was curious, how their team was doing, since they won SPC last year. But thanks for the info.

5. ddfitch

ddfitch Junior Member

A few players to watch from the Big South 3A, Brea Cheney - Forestview,Player of the year 03,Nicole Shoemaker - East Lincoln,Player of the year 02 and Kayla Short -Ashbrook, very good pitcher.3 reasons the Big South will do well in the playoffs. :xyzthumbs

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Avery Carlton

East Rutherford student and is having to sit out one year from softball in high school but a Player To Watch in the summer/fall circuit and definitely in 2005. Avery is a sophomore(06), SS,aggressive hitter, honors student, AAU volleyballer, JR Missy(what i call it :p) and working hard at her game even though she is the very first one ever denied the opportunity to play a hs sport after transferring. Guess there has to be a starting point sometime or another with this touchy issue(rule??)............just not stopping her at all with her true passion........softball.

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Another Unsigned Senior

Brooke Blackburn, SR, 2B, lefthanded hitter with a sweet, smooth and aggressive swing and is the only SR on the KMHS team.

a year off for softball has really got this young lady on track to be successful

does any of our KMT TBR members know her plans before i have to telephone her and/or Lisa......? :huh:

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

i know Belmont Abbey wants her(Leah) for sure and hope she visits real soon!

several all staters on another local college team......WOW, wouldnt that be nice LBlues1 :xyzthumbs

9. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

CFBall, I was told Friday night that Leah had signed with State...So, do you know if she has signed or as in this thread she is still looking...?

]i know Belmont Abbey wants her(Leah) for sure and hope she visits real soon!

several all staters on another local college team......WOW, wouldnt that be nice LBlues1

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  10. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Leah

Have not heard what she is doing but I am with CF, hope she goes to Belmont Abbey! I do have three colleges looking for 2004 infielders if there are any out there that U guys feel can play at D-11 or higher. Some good academic schools that I feel will step it up for the right player. Just send me a PM if U have any girls interested. Get them to attend our Showcase event as the coaches that are attending are looking for 2004 grads and 2005 possibilities. Sorry I missed U CF at the Hillcrest game. I was there but did not arrive till start of second inning and had to set at the end of the CC dugout in order to see the field. RET