1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Playoff system flawed?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by baseballx3, May 30, 2012.

1. emptybullpen

emptybullpen Member

Redsolo.......question 1

What or who or where is SCP?

Thanks, otherwise your post was understandable to me.

2. NCBlue15

NCBlue15 Full Access Member

I assume it means South Charlotte Panthers.

3. theycallmetatersalad

theycallmetatersalad Full Access Member

SPC

meant SPC, not SCP.

slight slip of the idiot button

4. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

nope. SCP. South Charlotte Panthers.

Hignight coaches both the high school team and the SCP showcase team. Many of the same players on both I think was the insinuation.

5. theycallmetatersalad

theycallmetatersalad Full Access Member

oops

Did u mean insultation instead of insinuation?

6. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

whether it was an insultation or an insinuation can only be determined within the mind of Redsolocup. Or you can just decide. I didn't make either and I don't care one way or another. I just stated a simple fact that he happens to coach both. I will leave the accusations to the rest of the group.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

It's funny how things are perceived through other glasses. But the glasses worn by the players at Providence and South Charlotte Panthers would not want to play for anyone else; and as most good coaches share this in common, they don't care what anyone else thinks except their players.

The only time one can upset them is if you attack their players or post accusations of illegal activities. That will get their attention....and mine.

8. WB22

WB22 Full Access Member

Saw where Thomas St. Clair is now pitching for SCP. I guess Coach Hignight decided if you cannot beat him you need to recruit him. Smart man in my book.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  9. jumpstart

jumpstart Member

I think you are looking at this from a wrong perspective, i.e., Hignight and SCP are not recruiting these players, rather, good players wish to play for great coaches and programs.

10. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

Staying away from the rest of this thread.... but the CPC are going to give the 2 games in a week thing a try next year. they will play the same conference team twice in one week. I will let you know how that goes. the one and done deal???? loved it when we made it to the finals in '02 when we beat a very good chapel hill and providence team both by 1 run (not sure how we would have done in a series). didnt necessarily like it in 07 when we got beat by a team i thought we could beat 9 out of 10 times. same in a few other years. but if you dont win you dont advance. that is the way it is........... nothing is perfect for everyone. somebody will be unhappy..... Braves, your point on the coaches wives are so true. not only to put up with the time of us gone for practice, games, but also the time for scouting, doing laundry for the team, abt 15-20 hours a week for just field maintainance etc. and on top of that, they put up with US!!