1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Polls

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

haven't seen one in over 6 weeks. Probably a good thing. I think it is time we start our own anyway. I think we have better info. What do ya say guys. After all we are state wide and they are Winston east. Braves? Isn't this what we are trying to achieve? How about some input guys. I think he is tied up coaching somewhere this spring anyway.

2. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

What are your opinions guys?
    4A
    3A
    2A
    1A

3. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

You go first

Mudcat. I would be very interested in seeing your polls.

4. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

I am working on them and will post tonite. Aren't you on his payroll? Where are yours?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  5. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

Polls!

While I can't fill out an entire poll for any classification, I can tell you based on who I have seen and what was returning my opinions on teams around this area.

1A: Murphy, Polk, Hendersonville: all of these teams should be solid with perhaps Murphy potentially being the best of the bunch. Pitching for them they have alot of arms that are solid from both sides, don't know that they have a go to arm. Polk solid last year with a fairly young team, but I believe one of their stud arms is playing elsewhere now, so might hurt them in the long run. Hendersonville had solid pitching with Walgenbach on the hill and they were young as well.

2A: West Henderson, Brevard, East Rutherford: West, well they don't rebuild, they just reload. Still solid and should finish season with 20 or more wins and have a good run in state playoffs. Brevard has some quality hitters and pitching, solid season who will be tough with Hyatt on the hill. East I would expect to be good again, haven't seen them, but hey it is East, are they ever not good.

3A: Enka,Tuscola, TC Roberson: Enka is a scary team.......saw Innes is hurt and that hurts them, but they can swing it and still have the pitching to carry them. Innes healthy and the hill, they can beat anyone. Tuscola behind Stubbs and others are quickly putting together the makings of a great season, handed West their only loss. They can swing it, just haven't seen enough of their pitching to know how far it will go. TC Roberson is becoming the TC of old. Hit it well and field it well and have pitching. These guys swing it well 1-9.

4A: Out of my element here. Don't know anything about area teams.

Sorry, but can't give you a complete statewide poll, but this is what I do know about some teams around here.

There are other teams that I know will be solid in different classifications but I don't know that they are area teams, Cherryville should repeat in 1A (god I hate saying that! LOL) South Caldwell is South Caldwell! RS Central, man they swing it pretty well also and have some speed. If their pitching holds up they can make a deep run.

I know I left someone out and might be totally wrong in my asessments, but how I see it! Give us your opinion.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I asked Stretchy what his thoughts were on the polls...but I had to send a note back to him, " I said polls....not poles....sheesh!" The boy has a one track mind.

7. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

I was

not trying to be sarcastic with my post. I really am interested in seeing your polls.

And as you say with me being on the payroll why would my poll have anymore credibility in your eyes than Andy's apparently has?

Looking forward to seeing the polls.

8. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

What you talking about Willis?

I am innocent!!!!!

Attached Files:

9. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

3A Rankings: I'll Take A Stab At It!

1. Ragsdale 11-1 (Mid-Piedmont)
    2. Rocky Mount 9-1 (New 6)
    3. Eastern Wayne 10-0 (ECC)
    4. Lake Norman 9-1 (N.Piedmont)
    5. Triton 9-1 (Cape Fear)
    6. South Point 8-2 (Big South)
    7. East Rowan 7-2 (N. Piedmont)
    8. West Brunswick 9-3 (Mideastern)
    9. Oxford Webb 8-1 (Mid-State)
    10. Mooresville 7-2 (N. Piedmont)

Honorable Mention: D.H.Conley, T.C. Roberson.

My honorable mention list would be larger if I had more information.
    Note: Records could be off a little bit.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  10. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

3A Rankings: Update

1. Rocky Mount 9-1 (NEW 6)
    2. Eastern Wayne 11-0 (ECC)
    3. Lake Norman 9-1 (N. Piedmont)
    4. Ragsdale 11-2 (Mid-Piedmont)
    5. Triton 9-1 (Cape Fear)
    6. South Point 8-2 (Big South)
    7. East Rowan 7-2 (N. Piedmont)
    8. West Brunswick 9-3 (Mideastern)
    9. Oxford Webb 8-1 (Mid-State)
    10. Carson 8-1 (N. Piedmont)

Honorable Mention: Mooresville, D.H. Conley, T.C. Roberson, South Central, Southern Alamance, SW Guilford, Northern Nash, Marvin Ridge.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009