1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Poor Sportsmanship during ASA States

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Ms. Communication, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:clapclap:I like that

2. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

Agree most don't but I know a couple who welcome collisions. :)

3. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

This post was just plain fun to read.....

You are right about one thing, GIRLS ar MEAN!!! It would amaze a lot of people the things 12, 14, 16, 18 yr old girls will sit around entertaining themselves doing!!!! They can also be quite gross!!
    But you are right about raising your kids, it is supposed to be done by the PARENTS, not a teacher, coach, or friend! I have said many times " God gave me one really important job, when he made me the parent of my DD, and I do not intend to let him down!
    We always said as kids, if I get in trouble for something, just let me sit here and rot or something, do not call my parents!! LOL

4. prklandsoftballdad

prklandsoftballdad Set my brother FREE!!

Every one has an opinion, so here's mine. Not a big fan of the sweep tag. Saw two different occasions weekend before last where i believe a sweep tag (one up high the other low) was called safe including one that the throw beat the runner by about 200 steps. Sweep tags cause SOME catchers to become a little lacadasical (sp?) and not put forth as much effort. Taught my catcher to act as if she were the last wall to get over before taking the castle. Don't give it up unless you are made too. That's what catchers sign up for isn't it?

5. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

...and when the castle gets taken....

...over because the wall, with respect, gets taken over, be it called for obstruction or, God forbid, teeth flying everywhichaway, I hope no one slings snot over what call is made......and BTW....as a matter of fact...I personally hate the obstruction rule!...partly because I learned the game at the plate to be handled by the catcher like IT IS her responsibilty at all cost to keep a runner from scoring.....but WE CAN'T STAND IN THE WAY OF THE PROTECTION OF PLAYERS. Why do we continue to see bat "pop" regulations, pitchers mound distance changes...etc? its all in trying to make our game better. As time moves on, I'll bet we see a tweak in the obstruction rule,....hopefully it will be called in a consistent fashion.

Its not often the use of the word "everywhichaway" sneaks in a post.....yep, fishmans water has another miracle remedy....making words up!

6. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Excellent post

7. jasmynlindsay

jasmynlindsay Member

I AGREE COMPLETELY!