1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

POST 262 News and Reviews!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by phantom89, Jun 24, 2003.

1. phantom89

phantom89 Full Access Member

Let us know how things are going with you guys. There were a couple of write-ups but I can't seem to find them???.

2. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

Review:

:fire: :teeth:.....I have been to many of Post 262's games. I have followed Rob Wilson from his car and to the field. I have sat next to Mrs. Wilson at a game.....and I have yet to see much less sample those famous cookies Braves keeps talkin' about.....

What's up with that?

So, my review today of the Post 262's season is a Thumbs down...

Oh....I heard Ben Kerr has hit 3 HR's in this last week....now Ben is a very good player and a better kid, but he hadn't hit that many in his career at SM......is it because he has been eating all those "Special" cookies before game time..Hence, none to be found in the stands?

I don't know...somethin' is fishy over there at Myers Park...again!!

3. MsFishwrapper

MsFishwrapper Junior Member

Chief,
    Mrs. Wilson is sorry to disappoint, but I thought everyone had heard by now that those were Mustang cookies, not to be confused with Post 262. Now there is a good representation of Mustangs on 262, but you have to come to a game at the Park next spring to get a cookie. After all, the recipe has ceremoniously been passed on. So you see, even if Mrs. Wilson wanted to make them, she, as sworn by the charter of the official Pot, Pan and Cowbell clan is prohibited to do so.

On another note, Post 262 is looking good. Ben Kerr is having a great legion season. We're just sorry that we couldn't get him on 262 in earlier seasons. Craig Burnham is pitching very well and hitting up a storm. Jack Myers is rapidly becoming a hitting machine (and by the way I hear he has an inside to the recipe...so hook up with him next spring for a sample.) All of 262's guys are having fun and for the boys of summer, that's what it's all about.
    They are out there to win, but more importantly to be a team, have fun, hit the ball and make the plays.

4. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

I'll give this review a thumbs up!!

Oh...I like that name.."Pot, Pan, Crowbar Clan"

5. phantom89

In response to your first comment...did you have on green, ring a cowbell, or bang on a pot with a wooden spoon??? If not, that might have something to do with your failure to sample the famous cookies! Honestly though, I believe the recipe has been passed on to a currently unknown source, not to reappear again until the 2004 baseball season! Even though the gourmet cookies might not be appearing at legion games, I hear the guys are having a great time on the field. I have also heard that Jack Myers is doing great, as well as Ben Kerr and Craig Burnham. I guess it's just that good old green Karma that floats around those dugouts! What is it looking like for the play-offs?

6. phantom89

Well, as I was writing...fishwrap was beating me to it! Sorry for the repeat...at least we seem to be hearing the same things! I like the Order of the Pan.

7. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

My ol' buddy Braves told me about that...but I don't trust him!

8. phantom89

You should believe him on that one! He had so many cookies at one game, he was passing them out to the students!!!

9. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

Wait a minute...are you saying Braves had cookies in his grasp and he actually passed some out?.....don't be offended, but now I don't trust you :D

10. phantom89

No Offense Taken. You must not realize what an extremely coordinated person Braves is! He was balancing the cookie box on his head, serving the students with one hand and feeding himself with the other! It was impressive to say the least!