1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Post 501

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SteelBalzs, Jun 18, 2003.

1. SteelBalzs

SteelBalzs Junior Member

How come there hasnt been any of the 501 smart asses posting lately ?
    Whats your record? How many players have quit and moved on to better teams ? Have you worn out Ward and Dalton yet ?
    Just curious

2. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Not that I consider myself a smart ass,but Post 501 has not played in about 4 days due to the constant rain.They are currently 7-4 in the league...one game out of 1st place.

I'm sure Ward is not worn out since he has not pitched in about 9 days.Dalton has not pitched that much either.Kannapolis has pitched 8 or 9 different pitchers this year.They should be all fresh when it all starts to count in a little over a week from now...the playoffs.Of course there are 7 league games still remaining.I would not count Kannapolis out of still winning the regular season.

3. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Steelballz, of course its been pretty wet, so Kann hasn't played since last Saturday. Anyway, we are 7-4 in the league (10-5 overall) and nobody is being overpitched. The Kannapolis pitching and defense is fine and been pretty consistent,,, Kann simply needs to get more consistent with their bats in order to win.

Congrats to South Rowan for having a fine season so far, but I look for the last week to be a wild scramble between South, Lexington, Mocksville, Kannapolis and possibly still Rowan County. Look for Concord to win plenty of remaining games too. It will be interesting to see how all these rainouts and the upcoming doubleheaders will affect these teams' pitching staffs.

And btw, none of Kannapolis' regular starters have quit. If you have heard about anyone quitting, you obviously are only talking about one kid, and "that" was a situation where his family thought he should be playing everyday, and he simply didn't break into the Kann lineup as a regular. He is now attempting to make another legion team and we (in Kann) all wish this kid the best.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  4. SPCfan0

SPCfan0 Junior Member

does anyone have the official standings and/or records for area 3-south. i hear lexington is #1, but that is about all i know. everyone keeps beating eachother

5. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

According to The Salisbury Post, as of 6/20/03.......

Mocksville, 9-4, 10-5
    South Rowan, 9-4, 9-5
    Lexington, 8-4, 8-5
    Kannapolis, 7-5, 10-6
    Rowan County, 7-6, 9-8
    Troy, 7-6, 7-6
    Mooresville, 5-6, 10-9
    Concord, 4-7, 5-8
    Stanley County, 3-9, 5-10
    Wilkes County, 3-11, 3-12

6. Wufman

Saturday 6/21: Kannapolis beat Concord 8-2 in a Saturday afternoon (makeup) game, then turned around and beat Lexington 10-1 later that night in a regular scheduled game. These 2 wins improved Ktown's league record to 9-5. Lexington also now has 5 losses and a scheduled doubleheader for today (Sun.6/22).

7. Wufman

Sunday June 22: Kannapolis-9 over Mooresville-3
    Mocksville-8 over Lexington-7
    S.Rowan-13 over Rowan County-11

Mocksville is now leading the league at 11-5, followed by Kannapolis and South Rowan at 10-5 each.

***Kannapolis's 3 remaining games vs. Wilkesboro and Stanly County(2)
    ***Mocksville's 2 remaining games vs. Lexington and South Rowan
    ***South Rowan's 3 remaining games vs. Rowan County, Mocksville and ???

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  8. Wufman

Monday June 23:

Kannapolis-19 over Wilkesboro-5

Andrew Mead was the winning pitcher while Matt Harris and Jonathan Goodman each contributed homeruns for Ktown.

Kannapolis moves to 11-5 in league standings, still tied for 1st place with Mocksville,,, after South Rowan took their 6th loss last night in Salisbury.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2003
  9. Tigers

Tigers Full Access Member

just curious, who quit?

10. Wufman

Tigers, its not important to mention specific names on a message board in a negative manner. Go back and read my earlier response to this, we (in Kann) have simply moved on and wish any of our former players the very best.