1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Post 501

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SteelBalzs, Jun 18, 2003.

1. SteelBalzs

SteelBalzs Junior Member

Brett Stirewalt quit and went on to play at South Rowan.

2. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

I'm sure he wished he would have stayed at Kannapolis.He is a good player,but is getting no playing time at South,only some appearances as a relief pitcher.Hopefully he will get some playing time in the upcoming playoffs.

3. SteelBalzs

SteelBalzs Junior Member

He wasnt getting playing time at Kannapolis either. Whats up with that ?
    Thats what happens when the head master promises everyone a starting position.
    I guess its who sucks up to the master the most.
    I know there is alot of good talent on that team but for Stirewalt to lose a position is plain idiotic.
    I also think raising the age limit will hurt underclassmen in the future. I hope they all hook onto a showcase team and leave the legion program .

is post 501 the team that has the catcher also playing on an AAU team this summer ?
    how does that go over with the rest of the team?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2003
  4. K-Town-Yankee

He was starting about every other game for Kannapolis.Thought he should be playing every game.Has started 0 games since heading to South.

He felt he would start at South at SS.He told me the coach promised him starting position at South.He has yet to see the field at South except relief pitching.His .258 high school average may have hurt him.

I'm still pulling for him.Hope he gets some playing time in the playoffs.

I don't think the catchers actions have affected anyone on the team,since they are currently tied for 1st in the league.

5. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

K-Town - straighten me out on something. I didn't think American Legion allowed kids to participate in other baseball during the season besides state games. Thought they had some kind of rule to that affect. Enlighten me as to how a kid can play on an AAU team and a legion team. Didn't think it was possible.

6. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Mudcat, our catcher does NOT play AAU ball. This is simply a rumor started by someone who don't know what they're talking about. Just for clarification, our catcher has a twin brother who is playing AAU,,, but the Kann 501 catcher is solely playing legion ball and has not played in "even one" AAU game all summer (I know this for a FACT). Its a shame that someone would start a rumor like this simply because they have a "beef" with Kann Post 501.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  7. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Thanks Wufman, just thought I remembered a rule concerning legion players playing other types of baseball during their season.

8. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Mudcat ... I believe the rule is imposed on a state-wide level once the playoffs start. Until then, it's up to the individual team.

9. K-Town-Yankee

Thanks Wufman...I did not think that Post 501 catcher was playing AAU ball.Don't know how he could make time since Post 501 plays about every day.

As I said even if he had played it sure hasn't hurt the team this year.You are right he does have a twin brother that plays AAU ball this year.He will play legion ball next season from what I have heard.

The bottom four teams are now locked into the 1st round of the playoffs.....Wilkes County,Stanly County,Concord,and Mooresville.The 1st round of the playoffs start saturday night.

10. K-Town-Yankee

Congrats Kannapolis Post 501...Area III South Champion!!!!!!!!