1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Post 82 starts the season 1-0

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by smashmouth5, May 24, 2008.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

From the Shelby Star

EASLEY, S.C. - Shelby Post 82's Adam McFarland finished with two hits, including a double, and drove in one run to help boost Shelby to a 7-2 season-opening triumph over High Point Friday night at the J.B. Red Owens Complex.

Corey Cline added a double and an RBI for Post 82 (1-0), while Kyle Kendrick and Eric Shuford contributed one hit and one RBI apiece. Tyler Rabb scored once and drove in one.

Jordan Robinson got the win in relief. The righthander worked three innings and surrendered one run and four hits with four strikeouts and one walk. The starter Shuford gave up one run in two innings of work, while Adam Izokovic kept High Point off the scoreboard in the last two innings.

McFarland, Cline, Rabb and Brett Wease were applauded for solid defensive efforts. Shelby made no errors in the seven innnig contest.

Post 82 will conclude play in the tourney today with games slated for 9:15 a.m. against Easley, S.C., and noon against Greenwood, S.C. Those contests will be played at Alice Mill Park.

2. honest-bulldog

honest-bulldog Junior Member

Hey Smashmouth, I think you should get a copy of todays STAR. I saw where Post 82 won another one. If you're going to post victories, I think theres another article out.

Didn't know if you saw it !!!