1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Prayers for Heather Nellis

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by stickwolf, May 5, 2008.

1. 2dddad

2dddad Full Access Member

40 feet,hot bats,girls getting stronger every year. How many pitchers have to get hurt and maimed before the powers that be wake up and move the rubber to 43 feet ? I challenge every one invloved in prep softball to to think of the potential tragedy waiting to happen.

2. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

^^Never thought about it......UNTIL I SAW that last night ....It was UGLY, and a good pitcher and even better kid goes down like she was shot with a rifle. Very Scary, waiting on an update, but you make a GREAT POINT.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  3. rsb1999

rsb1999 Full Access Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with Heather and her family.
    Moving the rubber to 43' should have been done a long time ago.

4. storm030

storm030 Full Access Member

Talked to Heathers DAD this morning and she has no serious injuries,but will be bruised and sore for a while. Thanks for all the support.

5. lknsftbllfan09

lknsftbllfan09 Full Access Member

Good to here she is ok

6. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

More and more...

Like Guru, not trying to take anything away from this thread. Glad to hear she is okay and there was no serious damage. Am sure she will feel it for a while though.

This seems to be happening more and more. My DD took a line drive to the abdomen yesterday while playing third. It left some nice lace marks. Think it is about time for the rules to change not only for a 43' mound but also make it mandatory for these girls wear protection like a heart guard, mouth pieces, and a face masks for the pitcher.

7. SRRaiders

SRRaiders Junior Member

Very good news to hear. I had already called around to some of the South parents and let them know that things seemed to be looking OK for her earlier today when some info started hitting the board. Heather, the players, coach's, and parents will countinue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Way to gut it out (no pun intended):46: and walk off that field last night. Tough as nails girl!!! Best wish's to you and the rest of ythe girls for the upcoming summer. Hope to see you on a field somewhere soon!

GO RAIDERS !!!....yea Rowan or Iredell!!!

8. DobberCoach

DobberCoach Junior Member

Heather,
    We are glad to hear that you are going to be OK. We will continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers as you recover.
    Hope you feel better very soon,
    The Carolina Dirt Dobbers 12U

9. rsb1999

rsb1999 Full Access Member

Great News!

Great to hear that Heather will be OK! Hope to see her back on the field soon!

10. bad2bone

bad2bone Full Access Member

Thank you to everyone!

Thank you to all who have thought about me and prayed for me. It means a lot and I'm doing fine. I was very lucky, nothing serious. It's just deeply sore and hopefully it will get better SOON! I was more scared than anything, and I appreciate the girl who hit the ball come to me and ask how I was doing. I've been knocked off my feet one time this season, but not like this. I want to say thank you again and I'll be on the field before you know it. I can't wait for CVStorm to start and travel ball.

Heather
    also known as Bones