1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Prayers needed for a player

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by NathanCullars, Feb 17, 2009.

1. bolo2

bolo2 Full Access Member

Our Thoughts and Prayers are with Taylor and Family

Taylor, Family,and Friends.
    All is possible through the Lord and the miracles of modern medicine. Trust your doctors, your supporters and the Lord. Together, we will all get through this.
    We will pray that your surgery and recovery are complete. Stay positive during this time and always. You can and will overcome this.
    We Love you.
    Bob, Krystal,Caleb, and Kaity.

2. pepper17

pepper17 Full Access Member

Thanks Comet

Comet, I appreciate your efforts. I know everyone on TBR is concerned about her. We will keep praying and hope someone posts with good news soon.:1zhelp:

3. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Another day and no news on Taylor

This has got to be the first time in the softball forum that we can't get an update on one of our own!! Surely someone knows the family and can get in touch to find out the condition of Taylor.

4. carochicks

carochicks Full Access Member

5. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

great!!!!!!!!!!!! news... we continue to pray for her :)

6. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Thanks

Thanks for the links to the website. Great news about Taylor. Just in cas the you are not able to to logon using the links, here is a message posted by her friend.

Hi everyone,
    I'm sure you are all as anxious to hear how Taylor's surgery went as I am. I spoke to Sandy today about 2:30 and she says Taylor is doing great. The surgery went as expected and they did have to put the plate into place. She came out of ICU quickly, possibly because her swelling went down so well. She is now back into her regular room resting well. She is in Room B-924. They have already removed the feeding tube and she is going to try to eat very soft foods at sometime today.The family is doing good and I'm sure you all know they are tired because they refuse to leave Taylor's side. No wonder she is so strong, to have such great examples from her parents. Hopefully the next entry on her progress will be from Sandy or Taylor. Please continue to lift this whole family in prayer because even though the surgery went well, we all know this is going to be a long week for them all. They are all so appreciative of your support, love and prayers.
    Thanks,
    Paege

7. NathanCullars

NathanCullars Full Access Member

Thanks so much for the info Comet. We are so grateful that the surgery went well. Thanks TBR for showing so much support for this family. Sorry about the delays on updates.

8. rsb1999

rsb1999 Full Access Member

Great News

Thanks so much for the info, Taylor and family will continue to be in our prayers.

9. pepper17

pepper17 Full Access Member

10. MakingMemories

MakingMemories Junior Member

March 3rd Update

March 3rd Update from Caring Bridge for those who cannot link to it:

TUESDAY, MARCH 03, 2009 01:30 AM, CSTFinally, I have a little time to let everyone know that all the prayers, the love, and the good lord above is going to let Taylor come home pretty soon. We do not know how much longer we will be here, but we have a good idea that it will be longer than expected. Her surgery was successful, but it was very long and hard on her body (11hrs). 3 major surgeries is hard on one person, alone on a 17 year old. She is tough and hanging in there. She is heavily sadated with lots of medication. The pain she is in no one should ever have to endure . When she finally wakes for a while, she's a little cranky(alot) but she still has her sense of humor. She has been very strong and and determined to be back to prove her doctors wrong reguarding her ability to ever cheer again.
    When she came out of ICU she was told she could have what ever she wanted to eat as long as it was soft. And she could have apple juice or water, pretty much whatever she could handle. She tried to eat a small piece of cheesecake, her favorite and could not swallow it. It scared her, but now the inside of her mouth is so swollen she is even having a hard time drinking. So she is healing much slowing than we expected. She did get to sit up today for the first time. She did not like that a bit. But she did it, So things are looking up no matter what. Taylor is our inspiration and very determined to beat this and she will. So thanks to everyone who is praying and thinking about her. She will be home soon.
    I will try to update as soon as possible.
    Love and god bless,
    Sandy