1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Prayers needed for Central Cabarrus player

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Coach Knight, Apr 23, 2009.

1. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

My son had the same thing happen several years ago and is back pitching for Lake Norman High School. Our prayers go out to this young man and his family, as I can still see it like it was yesterday when it happened to my son. God's speed for a quick and full recovery.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. Grayben

Grayben Full Access Member

Hope this kid is OK and recovers quickly.......

both physically and mentally. As the father of a pitcher, that is the biggest concern/worry I have. The bats are juiced, the hitters are stronger than ever, and the pitcher is always exposed and runs the risk of getting hurt or killed with a line drive. Again, hope and pray for his quick recovery!

3. drncvol

drncvol Full Access Member

It happened to my son, a pitcher for Greenville Rose, a couple of weeks ago against Eastern Wayne. John Wooten hit a laser off Paul's forehead and the ball ended up in right field. This has always, as a parent of a pitcher, been in the back of my mind every time he is out there. Paul was lucky. A couple of inches in other directions, things would have been a lot different. I feel for the kid injured and for his parents. The mental part of it may be more difficult to overcome than the physical.

4. Stallions

Stallions Junior Member

Prayers

I've been away this past week and unable to check TBR. I believe Jamey pitched against us earlier this year. We will certainly be praying for a complete recovery for Jamey.

Stallions Coach

5. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

I talked to Jamey's Mom on Friday and Jamey is doing very well. He has surgery scheduled for Tuesday (Charlotte hospital) to repair the broken bones in the eye socket and his broken nose. The real good news is that Jamey does not have any brain or eye damage. They expect a full recovery.

6. Coach Knight

Coach Knight Full Access Member

UPDATE:​

As PhillyDave said, Jamey is doing pretty well. He's going to have surgery at noon on Tuesday. He actually is coming out to practice tonight to see the guys for a few minutes....can't wait to see him out there and I'm sure it will lift our spirits a bit.
    Thanks again to all that posted, emailed, called and prayed. It means a lot. Coach Knight