1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PRAYERS NEEDED

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by storm030, Oct 23, 2009.

1. storm030

storm030 Full Access Member

UPDATE ON POPE

Ashlyn has now gone through 3 surgeries to repair her legs, jaws, and arms. The doctors had planned to do the surgery on the damage ankle today; but, that has been postponed because she is running a fever. They are going to address the broken vertebrae with a body cast from the neck to the waist. Ashley is in stable condition but is in an induced coma for her own comfort. They will begin cutting back on her medications to see how she responds.

This is a link for daily update for Pope that you can read.
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/apope

2. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Full Access Member

Ashlyn Pope

Ashlyn is one of the sweetest young ladies that you will ever meet. Also a great pitcher. This young lady is a strong person and a fighter so I have no doubt that she will be back like before. She has alot of close friends that I know will be there beside her to help her fight this. Here's a few pictures of Pope pitching

Attached Files:

3. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

Thanks for the update. And thanks for the pics. I've not had the pleasure to have met Ashlyn so the pics will put her face to her name for me.
    I won't go overboard here folks, but for some reason, I think about Ashlyn and her family many times during the day........she's definetly special to me and I'm looking forward to meeting her soon.
    God bless
    Marlin

4. cvstravelmom

cvstravelmom Junior Member

Thank you Shane for updating us to let us know about the Caring Bridge site! CB is a wonderful sit and so easy to keep up with all updates on those we care about. Thanks ghostrider for the picks!! Awesome!

5. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Like Marlin, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Ashlyn and her family. This is so heartbreaking that she has to go through this. I don't think I want to hear anything about something not being fair for a while.

I wish her the best.

6. Devan Schreiber

Devan Schreiber Junior Member

Hi, Im a senior at HHS and I used to swim with Ashlyn on the Swim Lenoir swim team years ago. Everyone at HHS misses you Ashlyn! Especially the senior class! We were ALL praying for you friday and continue to do so. We believe in you and your strength to get better. The Panthers are behind you all the way, we love you! Get better soon!

7. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome devan to this board rocks softball forum.

8. ohioquakerman

ohioquakerman Junior Member

Prayers always work if you believe.

Tim Cleaver

9. bhhs2010

bhhs2010 Junior Member

Update on Ashlyn !!!!

GREAT NEWS!

The trauma team came to work with Ashlyn today at 11:30 am since there was no surgery scheduled. After removing her oxygen, Ashlyn awoke and began to talk. She wanted to know why she was there and where her grandmother was. Paula is elated because this means there is no brain damage. They had to give Ashlyn something for nausea; and, she is now resting.
    The trauma team said she still had a long way to go; but, we thank God for any progress.
    Continue to pray.

10. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

PRAYER

prayer's answered, more given and the healing begins.........