1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PRAYERS NEEDED

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by storm030, Oct 23, 2009.

1. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

From the CaringBridge journal:

"Ashlyn is now in the rehabilitation center of the Levine Children’s hospital on the 4th floor of the Carolina Medical Center. They began to work with Ashlyn today to get her in and out of the bed to a wheel chair. This will probably be the extent of the therapy for now. They were hoping to work with this 4 times today; but, Ashlyn was only able to endure it twice. Please continue to pray for Ashlyn’s pain and physical therapy.

The real physical therapy cannot begin until all the casts are removed from Ashlyn. This will be several months away.

The medical staff will be able to tell the family this Friday when Ashlyn will be able to come home since the physical therapy cannot happen for some time."​

2. scal

scal Full Access Member

Prayers all around. Good luck with it all.

3. loperry

loperry Junior Member

caringbridge name

Hi my name is Laura Perry. My son attended hibriten his freshman year for a short amount of time. He was injured in a wrestling accident this year and is paralyzed. We were told Ashlyn maybe paralyzed but reading this post I see no mention. He was willing to meet and talk to her if she is in the same situation. Could someone contact me with current information we are going down to Charlotte tomorrow anyway. Call or email 3365661139 or [email protected] I wish Ashlyn and her family the best. If we can be of any assistance please let us know.

4. softballphreak

I'm sorry to hear of your son's accident. I hope the best for him.

I don't know Ashlyn personally; I was touched that this happened to her. She is not paralyzed. This is the link to her caringbridge site:
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/apope

5. softballphreak

Good news from caringbridge site:

"I just got an update from Paula. Ashley had 2 great days of physical therapy. The highlight for her has been her therapy dog named Baker. She has worked a better part of the day with him today and is now very tired. She is still experiencing a lot of pain; and, the doctors have changed and increased her medicines. The staff says this is normal because the feeling is now beginning to return to the damaged parts of her body. Ashlyn is also able to take showers.

Sandy, Ashlyn’s first golden retriever was able to visit her at the hospital today. This has made her day. She was able to go outside and exercise with the dog.

December 2nd is still on target for Ashlyn to be able to come home from the hospital. Please continue to keep her in your prayers." ​

6. softballphreak

From the caringbridge journal Wednesday:

Ashlyn has had another good day of physical therapy with her therapy dog Baker. They removed casts from her left leg and right arm to extract the stitches. After removing the stitches, another cast had to be placed on the arm and leg. The medical staff will take X-rays of Ashlyn tomorrow to see how the healing process is progressing.

The Pope family would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. They are very thankful to have such great friends as you all; and, they are thankful most of all that they are all together. Some friends will be bringing dinner into the hospital for them tomorrow.​

7. bad2bone

bad2bone Full Access Member

For those of you who may not know, but Ashlyn Pope went home today!!
    Great news, but still keep her in your prayers with all of the Physical Therapy she still has to do to get better.

Love you Pope, girl!

-bonez
    CVStorm grad [haha] #14

8. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

yes

It may not have been Moses parting the Red Sea. But could be real close. On 10-22-09 this girl was a breath away from not being here and today she went home to be with her family. From all I've read here, Yes, miracles still do happen in 2009 and what a great Christmas it should be in the Pope house this year.:clapclap: