1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

prayers please

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EastOfRaleigh, Aug 16, 2006.

1. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

3 girls all students at West Johnston HS were involved in a serious vehicular accident on Tues. 1 girl died later, the other 2 are in serious / critical condition. all 3 were members of the volleyball teams this season and other teams as well.
    The girl in serious condition is Melissa Willis; she plays for the NC Challengers softball team of the Raleigh area.

thank you for your prayers.

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

EOR.....our hearts are sadden.

Thoughts and prayers from WNC.

3. DDFpitch

DDFpitch Member

Thoughts and Prayers

Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to the girls and there Famlies !!

Bobby Shoemaker
    Denver Dazzle

4. CoachDWWJD

CoachDWWJD Junior Member

In God's hands

I will be praying for girls and families involved. Tough times require dedicated friends.

Coach Dwayne (Curve)

5. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Update on Melissa

All...

Here is an update from an email I received this morning concerning Melissa. She is a member of the 16U NC Challenger team, which is scheduled to play this weekend in the Cardinal showcase. She and her teammates practiced at the college this last Sunday with our 18U team.
    It is tragic and heartbreaking how the focus of 3 lives can change so quickly..... Please encourage these kids as they participate this weekend
    without their teammate.

update from email....
    "First of all, Melissa remains in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit on the
    fifth floor at Duke Medical Center. She is still on the ventilator (breathing
    machine), but she is on minimal settings. The doctors continue to keep her sedated allowing time for her to heal, mainly time for the lick on the head to heal. They are hoping that she will be able to come off the ventilator in the next day or so.

Tony's team is taking an old banner with the NC Challengers logo on it, to
    make Melissa a huge "Get Well" banner for her to hang in her room.

In addition to the "Get Well" banner, Diane Wright wiorking with Tony's team is putting togeter a Family Care Basket for the entire Willis family. If you want to aid in this effort that would be great. Any help of things for the basket or money to go toward the purchase of items for the basket wouild be great. Diane is look at things for the family such as: Snacks (Trail mix, crackers,etc.), prepaid phone cards for when cell phone batteries have not been charged, coin purse full of change for the soda or snack machine, puzzle books or stuff for Monica and Jeremy(yonger sister and brother) to do at the hospital, Teen Vogue or magazines for Melissa.
    Any idea to help would be great."

You may contact Diane Cell (919-357-8321) or Kathy(919-779-4891) about helping. Diane's email address is: [email protected]

See everyone in Rock Hill...

6. chachacha

chachacha Full Access Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to the girls and the families. In the softball family when one of us hurt we all hurt some.

7. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Premium Member

My wife is a survivor of a TBI (traumatic brain injury). She spent 8 days in a coma, 6 weeks in the hospital, had a trachemoty (sp?) for quite a while...tons of rehab...etc. Im happy to say she's gone from having to literally re-learn how to do EVERYTHING to being 100% independent. If the family of the brain injured girl have any questions on what to expect or what I/we went through...I'd be willing to talk to them. Send me a PM and I'll give you my contact info. I'm hoping for the best for both the girl and her family.

8. COACH RICH

COACH RICH Rich

Our prayers go out to the girls and famlies.
    NC Rockers

9. Coach Roger

Coach Roger Full Access Member

Best wishes, thoughts and prayers to each family from the Carolina Cougars 10/12U. We have you in our hearts, HE has you in HIS hands. Coach Roger

10. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Best wishes from the Carolina Comets. Our prayers are with you!