1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pre-Season 4A Poll

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 7, 2007.

1. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

West Forsyth and South Caldwell have unbelieveable depth. Lots of talent at both places.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

These polls are for fun. Everyone understands that there is only one poll that matters...but it does create some fun and gives recognition to the programs.

3. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

Myers Who? :confused:

:lmao:

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

That league will be tough this season especially when Fuquay, Lee County and Middle Creek get together. Apex should be a very goos team also.

5. bball1

bball1 Banned From TBR

Ok, superwright...most people know why you are a hater, but don't let your anger get in the way of good judgement. Obviously, South Caldwell did NOT have the better team, Scotland did. Although, Scotland could have been better with your son on the team too. Let's be truthful, not spiteful.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

[/COLOR]
    The Greenies are back!!!!

7. superwright

superwright Full Access Member

Truth not Spiteful!

This was the truth in my opinion not being spiteful. Scotland County had an abundance of talent. They came together for two straight games and worked as a team. I was pulling for them to the very end even though my son wasn't playing with them. It would have been a sweeter victory if my son would have been there on the team but he wasn't! But if he would have been moved up to the team then we wouldn't be where we are today, Whiteville. He doesn't have a ring with Scotland but he has two very good chances with Whiteville. His heart may still be with Scotland but his future is through Whiteville. There's so many ex-pro players in this area than I could have imagined. Being around this environment has been good for my son and hopefully will open the doors that he dreams of!
    But back to South Caldwell.....wow....they really impressed me in that first game. Well balance team...homeruns from the 4th, 7th & 9th batters...wow. I don't think anyone that seen that first game really believed that Scotland had a chance to win the state! Since South Caldwell won by so many runs in the first game they stopped focusing on their goal. They had thought they had the title wrapped up. Scotland was very focused for those two games and they had talent as well. But from what I seen from the first game South Caldwell was the superior team (my opinion) but superior teams still have to play the game. Hopefully Scotland will be there again this year but I think it will be a bigger challenge. I will still pull for Scotland every game until Legion ball starts....then I have to pull for Post 137. It's going to be tough during head to head match ups but I have to pull for my son's team.
    Also, truth...it will be tough for Scotland to beat Richmond and Pinecrest this year as in any year. Scotland has only one returning starter but they do have a host of outstanding young players....Next year will be a better year in my opinion, when all the Juniors are seniors. The Juniors should make up most of the team this year, in which will be pretty good but not great!!!

8. bball1

bball1 Banned From TBR

how lame an excuse to say SCaldwell gave up..NOT What a slap in the face of South Caldwell to say they were quitters..are you kidding?...were we watching the same games? The next day was a pitchers dual...and Scotland won...then the final game...what about the fact that Scots were up by 10 in that game? You stated the first part of your response as an opinion..but then said SCaldwell was a superior team. Keep in mind the word TEAM. No matter how many great bats...it takes fielding, position playing and pitching to be a great team...and the winner of that trophy was definitely SCOTLAND!!!

9. bball1

bball1 Banned From TBR

getting back on the topic

Spilt milk and sour grapes aside...
    The team to beat this year is definitely
    1. South Caldwell
    Don't know a whole lot about the other west teams...but in the east
    Fuquay
    and Pinecrest are looking good if PC can get another dependable pitcher.

10. CHplayer07

CHplayer07 Junior Member

What about the MECA-6 teams? Hopewell finished last season with the best record in school history, and they lost only a 3 or 4 position players. they have a strong lineup highlighted by the lake norman area player of the year mike vaughn. they also have a lot of experience with almost half their team being 3rd of 4th year varsity players. Hopewell plays Providence once and Myers Park twice early in the year. This should be a test of how good all three of these teams can be.

North Meck also had a good year last year. They have some talented underclassmen such as aaron plummer (made state games after his 10grade season) as well as solid seniors such as shane brown (uncc).

not saying that either of these teams should be 1 or 2, but they deserve atleast some consideration.