1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pre Season predictions for High School Softball

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 27, 2007.

1. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

West Johnston 08s

...Yep, she was. Its hard to lose when the team behind you is stacked like Coach Shotwell had on his roster. Amanda is no doubt a force to be reckoned with this season as the First pitcher for WJ. WJ also has P/OF Kelsey Edinger, SS/C Ashley Fowler, C Jordan Alexander, 3B Jesse Jones, OF Katie Kisner who will provide both offense AND defense for WJ to make this team a serious contender, if not the favorite, this year. Also Coach Collins knows the game. Good Luck!

2. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

WJ

Have to agree with Marlin, could be the team to take it all in 08 . Bet their colors are Black, Yellow, & Purple !!! LOL Hey Marlin, looks like Jeter & Mo will be spending "alot" of time together next yr. Take care of my young-un up there, will ya ?

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

WJ too....

It's their year and look forward to seeing it unfold! :60:

4. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

F-V? anyone know?

Must be honest to say that Fuquay-Varina HS beat out WJ in '07 in the 3rd round of the eastern state 4A playoffs and I seem to recall that F-V only had 1 senior, so they should also be in the mix.

5. Ballmedic

Ballmedic Junior Member

East of I95

Down east, look for South Central (3A), which returns 8 starters and lost the right to go to the Creek to Conley 2-1, to make it make it there in 08. They have pitcher Caitlain Wainright, and strong players: Carly Hobbs, Andrea Britt and Emily Perkins. Conley lost both their pitchers but will still be strong (Allison Brown and Breanna Andrews). Washington is always tough with Charity Watson on the mound. Rose will win the 4A portion of the conference, put New Bern lost a lot of close games last year and could play the upset role. When these schools play, it's like watching travel ball.

6. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

Nw4a

1 Alexander Central - Shouldn't lose a game in conference
    2 Freedom - I think they got to keep all their players from going to the new school
    3 Watagua - Riley should be on top of her game this year
    4 Reynolds - Could be one of the top 2 if their coach works for them
    5 Mcdowell - They have talent but it's hard to get a program going when you have a new coach every year.
    6 East Burke - New coach for them. It is always tough for a young female coaching high school girls but this young lady might be one of the few capable of handling the situation. Still will take a couple years to build up the program.
    7 South Caldwell - A program gone down hill badly. They need to learn from East Burke and find someone to bring back what was a very strong program

7. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I didn't realize McDowell would have a new coach this year? And please don't start it again. Let this be it for your thinly veiled jabs, please!

8. central-d

Didn't say they had a new coach this year but they have switched a lot over the last couple. You must be paranoid about something. No jabs at all in my predictions. Just stated FACTS, picked how I thought each team would finish and why. People like you reading more into something than what is there is what causes problems

9. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

If you knew McDowell had the same coach then why did you say what you said beside their name? If anything having the same coach means that maybe McDowell can get better as a program. I don't think ladiesfan was being paranoid at all.

10. central-d

I was stating that they have changed a lot over the last couple years and it is hard to establish a system when you do that. Mcdowell has had some very good players over the last few years and haven't achieved what they could have. What if over the last several years Mcdowell had changed girls basketball coach every year. Do you honestly think they would have achieved what they have. No way. Believe what you want but a coach has a lot to do with how a program does. And when you change to often it hurts. Mcdowell used to have a strong softball program when the young man (don't know his name) was there for a few years. They are still not bad but could be doing better