1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pre Season predictions for High School Softball

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 27, 2007.

1. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

Central Carolina 2A

1- Central Davidson
    2- East Davidson

East Davidson made huge strides last year in the last half of the season. They're a scrappy team with lots of returning talent that has proven they can play right with the best in the state. They could give Central Davidson a serious run for their money. However, Central will be even tougher this year with more solid offense and defense behind a more experienced Chelsea Leonard. Chelsea, along with sophomore Tess Swing, give Central incredible depth in the pitching department.

3- Ledford

Ledford will be solidly in third place, but very capable of pulling upsets, especially in conference play.

4- North Rowan
    5- West Davidson
    6- Salisbury

4th, 5th, and 6th will totally up for grabs. West Davidson and North Rowan both have new coaches. All three teams put in hard work and showed improvement last year.

7- Lexington

Lexington may have the best team they've ever had in fastpitch. Their enthusiastic coach worked wonders last year and is working hard to attract athletes and build a program that can compete.

2. Steelergal

Steelergal Full Access Member

Hey I'm just giving you a hard time. I've worked my butt off to prepare my middle schoolers for high school ball. I'm not sending any "HOT" freshman up there this year. They will need a year to grow. But give them a year and they will be tough. I do know that. Even though they are from my County championship team. But my ace was only a 7th grader last year so I still have her for one more year. South Point should have another run for the money in 08-09. They will have to work much harder this year. Coach H. and I have realized they just didn't want it last year. Except for a few. A hurt shortstop tends to put you under a little too. Love my girls.........having the honor to coach them from 7th grade until they graduate is awesome. I'm grateful for that. It truly makes a big difference. I can predict our season before that school year even starts. Have not heard any crazy rumors? But makes for an interesting thought. :taz:

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

or SP/NG/EG/etc.:svengo:

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

oh, common knowledge that troublemakes have players on ng and eg, gaston thunder has players on eg, dazzle has players on fv, eg, ashbrook, just to name a few teams, but you knew that, right???

5. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

most have watched your middle school program with jealously and envy. you've done a good job and will dominate our conference in the next year or so as i and others see it. rumors are just that, rumors, but it would make it interesting if it occured. . . . depending on what school the girl ended up at.

6. NathanCullars

NathanCullars Full Access Member

CVAC 2A/3A

I would say :
    1- Foard, ST. Stephens, Bandys
    Maiden
    Hibriten?
    Bunker Hill, Newton-Conover
    Hickory, West Caldwell

* Foard and St. Stephens have great feeder systems
    Bandys will be young again with most coming back( solid freshman core)
    Bunker Hill has a couple travel ball girls and a pitcher who should be...
    Newton-Conover- who knows? maybe a freshman catcher/3rd questionable pitching again, only 3 tb players.
    Not sure about Hickory or West Caldwell- they struggled last season.
    Maiden could surprise some folks with Talynn(spelled wrong) Lail coming up as freshman - one of Vicky Short's girls

7. LDFRDGUY

LDFRDGUY Banned From TBR

LEDFORD HAS ALOT OF TALENT RETURNING - MIGHT BE ABLE TO HANG WITH CD AND ED / WE'LL KNOW SOON

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  8. lknsftbllfan09

lknsftbllfan09 Full Access Member

Statements are just like opinions! So you are going to get some you like and some you don't. If there is a opinionated question asked you are going to get anwsers you like and some you don't. So don't complain about the critic if critism is going to be what you give back. It's just an OPINION

9. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Bigdan I pretty much agree with yor post. However I believe East Burke will be the sleeper team in the NW4A next year. They have some very good players returning and some good players coming in. The strength of Alex Abernathy,Kirstie Puckett,Kayla Shelton and Holly Hudson with the addition of the strong freshman Dakota Icard will really help their new coach to get started in the right direction.

10. LDFRDGUY

LDFRDGUY Banned From TBR

That was just MY OPINION not criticism guess it's you that can't take opinions :smack: :bigcry:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007