1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Providence, Ardrey Kell and Marvin Ridge ALL go down in Round 1

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 4Boards, May 11, 2012.

1. OldTimer

OldTimer Junior Member

A comment from afar

I've watched all these teams play all year and for many years. It's sad and hurts to lose. These kids are all trying their best and want to succeed. They may have lost their opportunity to win a state championship but they have gained many of life's lessons. Their hard work, team work, sacrifice, talent and support will allow them to succeed and excel in the future. Remember life is short, valuable and fragile. Enjoy the journey. Congratulations to all the seniors and good luck. I look forward to watching the rest of you next year.

2. mameyers

mameyers Junior Member

Insinuating?

Are you saying there was recruiting involved? I dont know the facts about the kid from Winston but recruiting is prohibited by the nchsaa. "No student shall be subjected to undue influence by an individual or group of individualsto induce or cause him to transfer from one school to another for athletic purposes." There are also residency requirements...
    "Any change in residence must be bona fide. Determination of what constitutes a bona fide change of residence depends upon the facts of each case. In order for a change of residence to be considered bona fide at least the following facts must exist: (1) The original residence must be
    abandoned as a residence; that is sold, rented or disposed of as a residence, and must not be used as residence by any member of the family; (2) The entire family must make the change and take
    with them the household goods and furniture appropriate to the circumstances; (3) The change ​
    must be made with the intent that it is permanent."

3. jumpstart

jumpstart Member

I guess winning 4 conference and 3 tournament championships in a row and developing top mlb/college talent and having all his kids love him doesn't count?

4. Raiderfan

Raiderfan Junior Member

It wasn't 7 by any means but the 2nd baseman struggled for sure. He was still able to get the out after misplaying several so they wouldn't be errors

5. Raiderfan

Raiderfan Junior Member

recruiting

Surely you don't think that a rule keeps it from happening.

BTW--Proehl is from Greensboro I believe

6. baseball 50

baseball 50 Junior Member

AK lost

The errrors say it all. The second basemen had 1 error all year. Reagan played the better game that night.

7. Stangs

Stangs Junior Member

Interesting to see what's happened, for whatever reason to SW4A teams in this tourney over the last couple of years. Is it fact that the team to have progressed the deepest over the last 3 years has been John Spencer's Myers Park team of 2010?

8. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Ardrey Kell was in the Western final 4, just last season.

9. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

Its why the NCHSAA system sucks... teams play for seedings. A third of all playoff teams dont deserve to be there to start with. The NCHSAA should seed teams by their record, its not that hard. Plus eliminate 4 and 5 seeds..they had their chance in the conference tourney. Otherwise the regular season means nothing....

10. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

I get what you're saying, but...
    We were a #4 seed that, at the end of the regular season, was 16-8.
    Conference record was 6-6 - not what we expected or desired - obviously "average." However, we were 10-2 non-conference, and at the end of the regular season, we had the second most wins (overall record) of any team in our conference. Our #1 had 2 less wins than us overall. Of our non-conference opponents, 10 were playoff teams, a couple of the wins being against SEGuilford, Reagan, NEGuilford, Durham Jordan, East Rowan, West Davidson, East Davidson - 3 conference #1s.

My point - though we did not play consistently, and are obviously done - we were 2 innings and 3 runs from being #2 in our conference. And our schedule had not one "cupcake". Simply, I just don't know that throwing out everybody below #2 is the answer. And as far as the 2 out of 3 goes for playoffs, I'm good with it, but conference games should become same opponent twice or three times in a week as well. Otherwise, one pitcher can get his team to #1 or #2 in conference and maybe not be the true #1 or #2 team in the conference, just one stud.

Just some thoughts...