1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Providence High 7 Alexander Central 5

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mauney21, Mar 5, 2005.

1. mauney21

mauney21 Junior Member

Providence High jumped on Alexander Central today 7-1, but AC homered twice in the top of the 7th to make the game interesting. The WIN takes the Panthers to 3-0 with tough games v Independence (home) and North Meck (away) this week.:woohoo:

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Great win for the Panthers. Welcome to the board, Mauney. Glad we have another Providence member to keep us informed this year

By the way, can you give us some details...who pitched for both teams?...who hit well?...etc.

3. rollin2inthemiddle4

rollin2inthemiddle4 Full Access Member

AC started out with the lead 1-0. The guys just couldn't get their gloves to work the way they have in the past. Prov. tied the game up and after that it was all Prov. until the top of the 7th when AC rallied a comeback but couldn't pull it off. That's the 1st REAL team AC has played this year so far. Prov. just came out and hit the ball at the right times and did what they had to do to get the "W". Good luck to both teams on the rest of they're seasons.

4. worktowin

worktowin Junior Member

Best of Luck to the AC boys this year. I don't think they will fall off as much as others believe.

5. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Best regards...

Coach Comer good friend of mine...they will battle all year regardless...AND sincere congrats to my boys over at the Provvvvvvvvvvv... Level headedness will take ANY team a loooooooong WAY! Not too high or tooo low! :thud:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  6. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Alexander did play well the beginning of the game, but, their defense let them down big time. Unfortunately, during warm ups they couldn't catch either. Warm ups speak volumes to me.

The weather conditions weren't the best. Sunny skies, but the wind was blowing in strong from left field. There were at least two balls that were hit to left that didn't go out because of the wind. One by each team.

I know it's the rule, but, the Providence Coach made a big deal about the relief pitcher for Alexander having a glove that had a different coloring webbing than the rest of the glove. Providence was leading at the time by two runs. Oh well, rules are rules.

Don't know the kids name, but Providence's shortstop is a machine with the glove and arm. Fun to watch.:woot:

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

There must have been some rookie umpires working that game because this is a rule that they strictly enforce...at least the last 3 years. If it took the coach to bring it to their attention, those guys were sleeping.

Oh...and I think the player's name is Dane Arneson

8. Dynasty07

Dynasty07 Full Access Member

its either dane or keith mauney, im pretty sure its keith, he is a ballplayer

9. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

I may...

be wrong but I am pretty sure the kid at SS was Dane Arneson!?!? Regardless he is a great kid with alot of humility!!! The most admirable character trait I think ANY athlete or KID can carry. Parents have done a great job raising he and his brother! He will go far in "life". Hopefully on the diamond as well! :)

10. gbacks21

gbacks21 Gbacks21

Dane Arnesan

The shortstop who made the great plays was indeed Dane Arnesan.. Keith Mauney has been playing third. I wish I had atleast two plays at short on tape. One would definitely have made the ESPN highlight film as Play of the Day. Dane had a great game!!