1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Providence

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Hornetballer, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Hornetballer

Hornetballer Junior Member

One of the boys from our area plays for Providence now,Austin Prohel,and looks like he's having a successful season there too. Helluvaplayer. We wish him the best of luck. How does it work with Providence? I know Coach Hignight is also coach for The South Charlotte Panthers. Is this fair and not a conflict of interest to the other guys on the Panthers (providence). Do the Spc players also start for providence? What other schools allow this because it gives these players an advantage ? Maybe this is why kids transfer to Providence.

2. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Whoa!
    Glad to be over 100 miles from Charlotte on this one.
    Anyway, I've got my popcorn.... Ya'll go ahead on this one.
    I'll have ice and bandages.

3. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Here we go again!

4. Hornetballer

Hornetballer Junior Member

Wow ok then what's the deal. If its a simple answer then let's hear it. Not trying to cause a problem but is it legit?

5. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

I do not live in Meck County....However, I recall a number of the premier players on the Providence teams over the years from "youth" ball. The same area they played in as kids, feed into Providence. A large number of players that have gone on to play at Providence played at MARA as youth players. The same can be said of players at Butler.

While it always helps to have a lot of talent in your program, it also helps to have a very good coach who gets the best out of each of his players.

6. MEGA7PARENT

MEGA7PARENT Junior Member

Here is your answer, coach hig is a baseball coach, and that is what he does. That is what is there to do. You all can deal with all the rest!

7. baseballlady

baseballlady Full Access Member

Not sure what Hornetballer's issue is?????

:smiley_snopes_check:smiley_snopes_check:smiley_snopes_check

Hornetballer, can you explain what you are complaining about? I checked the South Charlotte Panthers' rosters for both current teams. Out of 31 roster spots on the 2012 and 2013 teams, there is only one player from Providence.

8. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Your post should have stopped here.

The rest of the garbage is an attempt to find dirt where there is none. It comes up every year about this time and all the information that you need should be in the TBR archives or contact Coach Hignight personally and let him "fill you in".

Coach Hignight puts the best 9 out there every night; it would not be fair to his school, myself, the team, the parents or the supporters if he didn't. He complies with all rules and regulations, while coaching as much as possible to improve his skills. His work ethic is second to none and he is one of the finest coaches in our area; any school would love to have him and all he brings.

Now, please tell us more about Mr. Prohel.

9. Post15fan

Post15fan Full Access Member

Couple of answers

I'm not so sure of your motives. If his dad works in Charlotte for the Carolina Panthers (NFL), can't he live and attend school where he wants? It's America.
    Yes they do. S. Charlotte Panthers have some of the best players in a large geographical footprint including Mecklenburg, Union and other counties. If SCP’s are on your team....they probably are going to get playing time because they are really good. I don't know the %'s. Eye-balling the 2012 roster (2011 season), I see 3 starters.
    There are no rules against it. So…many of HS coaches coach. Some legion, some showcase, some instruct.
    Travis Little at Cuthbertson HS also coaches for S.Charlotte Panthers. Eye-balling the 2012 roster (2011 season), I see 4 SCP starters with D1 commitments. There are also other really good players that aren't SCP's. Cream rises to the top. For instance Andrew Hendel is LHP/1B that just won MVP of a tournament. Not a SCPanther.

Hal Bagwell doesn't coach showcase. But his assistant coach Spencer Stecher coaches for HQ4. I have heard a decent numbers of middle school and JV players feeding AK have joined the HQ4 program, hoping to learn their system, coaching style, etc. But still there are other really good players bound for AK or playing JV for AK that don't play for HQ4.
    Really don’t know. Who would be a watch dog for this? Who would a player complain to?
    Is there a large immigrant population? Can you name other players transferring? Got any proof?

With all that said. It's better to focus on becoming a better player, so good that coaches notice.