1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Question for Impact

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mashintheball, Jul 26, 2005.

1. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I fully agree Braves. And Andy will talk to anyone who walks in the park. Don't say "Howdy Partner" unless you have 30 minutes to swap stories. No pretense in that guy either. They'll bury Andy with a stop watch in his hand.

2. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe I read about his visit to a couple of legion games last year on his website.

3. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

i have posted on this topic before if you will look at the players that have been drafted or playing division 1 baseball over the last 10 years you will find that 95% played legion baseball. Alot of the college coaches are starting to question the showcase and aau circuit. To many Daddys assembling teams so ther son can play for various reason (son is cut from team, does not want to compete for a position, play when he want's to play) Sure there are SOME good showcase teams around but it is becoming water downed also.

The sad thing to me is that this travel and money ball is starting to drive kids away from baseball. People are already putting together travel teams at a very young age. Parents can not afford this kind of expense so they just don't play because these travel teams are taking kids away from there little leagues and baseball programs which in turn wrecks the leagues for the young people and therfore the talent is weak when they are older because some of your better athletes have given up on baseball.