1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Question for the board

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by JavelinCatcher, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

Do you all care or want to know about middle school scores, standings, stats, and/or players to watch for?

Just asking since the board seems to be more focussed on HS and TB but there are a lot of talented up and coming middle school players.

2. Scamp

Scamp Full Access Member

I know Lincoln , Cleveland, Gaston, and Rutherford counties play in the fall. So no scores to report.

3. nccoach32

nccoach32 Member

It would be great to see those middle school success stories in the fall around here. It's not all about winning at that level. It's progress and teaching fundamentals but it's still fun to talk about success stories. Bring them on come August!

4. JavelinCatcher

Wake and Johnston county middle schools play softball in the spring. We just started the second half of our schedule.

Are there other counties that play in the spring?

5. klbccb

klbccb Junior Member

Middle School Ball

I would love to see more attention on middle school teams and players. My daughter played for the last two seasons and her teams were like 25-4 combined and you never hear anything about it. They have lots of talent, but even the high school coaches don't seem to be connected to the MS programs around the area so they wouldn't know who is coming or going!

6. JavelinCatcher

Lets make it happen!

There are a lot of coaches on this board so lets just use this thread to get the names of the up and comers out here even though it is the end of the season for most of us. I will be posting some stuff about our team and other girls in our conference soon. We are in the conference championship hunt so I don't want to jinx it...

7. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

two players.....

Breanna Jones (Newton-Conover middle/ Peidmont Storm) is having a very good year even though the middle school team is losing.

Also, Sara VanHorn(Newton-Conover middle/ Denver Dazzle Miller) is doing great this season.

8. JavelinCatcher

On second thought...

Maybe we should start another thread named better than 'Question for the board' so folks know what it is which will get us better responses. I was thinking of copying the names of other threads and creating one called 'Middle School Players to Watch'.

Thoughts?

9. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

JC
    Go right ahead Middle school ball is a welcomed subject. One of the many good things about this board is that a thread will take on its own life or death just by the interest people have in it.