1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Question???

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Plate Dad, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Seeing that we have members from the far corners of the world. Ok our world. What happens in your world. What does your school system give (budget or support) to the school sport programs? Do you have a middle school programs? Does the school system pay for any or part? Is it a private sysytem? Be sure to identify the area. This could be good info as to what areas have sports that are still a part of the education system.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Surprisingly, Charlotte has sports teams at the middle school level. With the price of fuel, stipends for coaches (yes, they are miniscule), maintenance of buses, insurance, field upkeep, etc, etc...I'm surprised that the school board hasn't targeted that as a cost saving measure.

I just hope they don't read TBR and get any ideas.

Talking about politics. The Board makes a priority list of what schools' needs are...then they forget the priorities and give the go ahead projects to their constituent schools. It's amazin'!!!! I wonder if I could get one of those jobs

3. niner_dad

niner_dad Full Access Member

Eastern NC, New Bern/Craven County..... Coaches are paid a supplement, but it isn't a lot considering the time the coaches put in to their sports. Schools provide travel for the teams (buses, fuel). Schools provide team equipment. For baseball that means baseballs, fungos, L screens, batting cages, all field maintenance equipment such as mowers, rakes, etc. I believe New Bern HS still buys one set of new uniforms each year for the varsity, and enough unis are purchased to have some spares. Varsity keeps a uniform for 2 years, giving them an away and home uniform. After 2 years the unis are passed down to JV. For football and basketball, the uniforms are laundered by the school, but it's up to the player/parents to launder the baseball stuff.

Middle school athletics also receive support; transportation, 1 set of uniforms, basic equipment, but not to the level of the high schools; i.e. mowing is done by the school district/county, no powered equipment is provided beyond basic rakes.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  4. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

forsyth county
    middle school basketball and volleyball for males and females. no football, baseball. they do have track
    high schools- no funding from the county, all monies are from gates.

5. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

at our high school in Johnston Co., the booster club raises money for all new uniforms and varsity uni's are passed down to JV. they're on a 3 yr rotational system for new uniforms.

don't forget about all the monies raised by booster clubs & donated money & work on fields donated by whomever.