1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Raleigh Scores post them

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by kmale, Jun 3, 2011.

1. kmale

kmale Full Access Member

BOXMAN

THANKS!

2. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

Nd winnin 1 0 in 4th,

3. Daddydobber*

Daddydobber* Where Did He Go ???

Lets review............What other Coach was ejected that got this started and not but one other one usually there every year in 4a so that kinda narrows it down doesn't ...............Also why if you don't know the man why pass judgement on him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rhughes18

rhughes18 umpire

Sometimes good people or good coaches get ejected, sometimes they deserve it, sometimes the umpire pulls the trigger a little too quickly.

If a coach does not get too animated or does not insult the umpire then they should be allowed to speak with an umpire about a call without it warranting an ejection. I was not there so I don't know what happened.

I will say I have umpired a few scrimmage games and 3 playoff games for AC, 1 in the field and 2 on the plate. In all 3 Monte never did anything remotely close to warrant an ejection or even a warning, and 1 of those playoff games his team came up short.

I have heard from a few sources that Monte does get a little keyed up, but as of yet I have not witnessed it.

This is not an endorsement for Monte, just what I have witnessed as an umpire in some of AC's games.

5. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

"Hate"

I hope not. It's only softball. Not worth that :)

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

let it go guys, keep this just scores and game observations please, no more pro/anti monte stuff, got tired of that many years ago.

anyway, any word on how crest faired? know that lost the first, what about the rest....just got off work

7. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Sat
    11 AM scores

4A: North Davidson 4, Holly Springs 0

3A: Southern Vance 10, East Rowan 1

2A: Swansboro 6, Eastern Randolph 1

1A: East Surry 2, Princeton 1

8. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

My original post didn't mention ejection . . .

in fact I didn't even witness that. I'm not particularly concerned about that singular occurrence. I also don't "judge" anyone. I'm well "versed" in the dangers of doing so. However, I do have opinions formed by observing public figures over time. I didn't know Woody Hayes and don't know Dean Smith or Bobby Knight but I do have opinions informed from watching them, reading about them and hearing others relate their experiences with them. Boards like this are for relating opinions. The reader can ignore them, dispute them or agree with them.

Example: One respondent stated that the coach in question "Demanded Perfection". IN MY OPINION this not good. Almost in reading of developmental psychology suggests that DEMANDING PERFECTION of adolescents in general, and girls in particular, is not only naive but can have very negative outcomes. Of course, these were the poster's words not the coach in question. Hopefully, they were not an accurate reflection of his philosophy. We're talking about 15 to 18 year-old girls not SEAL Team Six.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  9. kmale

kmale Full Access Member

Moderator PLEASE HELP

This post was created for the scores from the STATE playoffs in Raleigh, NOT anything else! PLEASE keep it on topic! MODERATOR, MODERATOR, where are you!

BOXMAN,
    Keep them coming! thanks

10. kmale

kmale Full Access Member

AC v ND

ND 2-1 over AC.....game 2 to follow.....WOW! ND is on a roll....Congrats