1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

RealDealBaseball

Discussion in 'Showcase Baseball' started by CharlotteBBDad, Nov 26, 2012.

1. CharlotteBBDad

CharlotteBBDad Junior Member

RealDealBaseball - redefining "travel" baseball

Does anyone know anything about this new travel ball program? A friend of mine mentioned it this weekend, and that a couple former Stealth coaches were starting it. Their website is realdealbaseball.net.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. justadad

justadad Full Access Member

Justin is a good guy. Stealth is a Great Organization. Mike Gardiner who runs Stealth is one of the few out there more intereted in the kids than his back pocket.

3. justadad

justadad Full Access Member

oops Dustin

4. CharlotteBBDad

Redefining the meaning of "travel" baseball.....

Wow!!! I just learned that "realdealbaseball" or RDB will play most of their tournaments "outside" of NC.

Can anyone explain why some travel organizations can't find good competition in NC or SC? Is it the program or is there truly a lack of competition in the Carolinas?

Travel to and from 8-10 tournaments in far away locations; plus food, lodging and tournament gate fees ($300-500 per weekend) on top of the $3,600 annual RDB fees. Instead of realdealbaseball or RDB, they should call themselves the REBels, for "REALLY EXPENSIVE BASEBALL".

This travel approach will only make helping one's son pursue their dream of playing baseball at the next level more expensive and in a down economy. There are definitely more affordable options with the other programs in the area.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  5. carolina angles

carolina angles Member

I would hope that the 3600 a year does not apply to any kids playing travelball. I ran a travelball team at the cost of about 750.00 a year and that normally included traveling to the Tn for the battle of the south and 1 national tournament either in Florida or Myrtle Beach, the rest were in NC. We played up in age groups to find compitition that would challenge us. My team started as the Carolina Angels and finished up under the Dirtbags and we were coached by just DADS and managed to stay #1 or #2 in the State from age 8 through 14, just dont see the need to pay high player fees while they are young. We were killing teams form batting centers that were paying HIGH fees and yet we were still killing them, dont know what they were paying for? I will say once they reach an age they need to associate with someone that can help them in the college recruitment, DADS like me fall out of the loop and you need to assistance from teams like the Dirtbags, Panthers and Canes to make that final connection. My team has folded and bunch of my players have gone on to the Partins Dirtbags, Evoshield Canes and even one went to the Golden Spikes, it was a pleasure and privledge to have coached those boys while they were young and it amazes me on how they have turned out.

6. baseballlady

baseballlady Full Access Member

hello, justadad..............

"Justin.....whoops, Dustin"

You must know him well!!!!!!

:N1OopsHL::N1OopsHL::N1OopsHL::N1OopsHL::N1OopsHL:

..splain that one, sir.

7. CharlotteBBDad

The cost for their 13/14U team is $3,600 per year. I don't know what their showcase program will cost, but one can expect that to be even more. This does not include the often overlooked weekly out of pocket expenses for travel to and from practices, nor the weekend food, travel, lodging and gate fee expenses that make travel baseball so darned expensive.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. baseball5011

baseball5011 Junior Member

Tony & Dustin are great coaches! My son played at Stealth but they don't have a spot for him now. We're looking for an 11U travel team to play on. Any one?

9. CharlotteBBDad

CBC relocates in Charlotte!

If the current programs are full, you may want to check with CBC to see if they have openings. Jeff Schaefer is reopening CBC. Carolinas Baseball Center

10. Pitcherdad18

Pitcherdad18 Junior Member

X1 Twins is another good travel team with good indoor facilities in the South Charlotte area.