1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Regional Series.....Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by travisunc, May 22, 2008.

1. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

Zach Horne gave up one hit, but other than that, he was sensational and East Rowan could not hit him at all. ER never does well against junk ball pitchers, but they usually find a way to do something. They couldn't do much at all tonight. Corbin Shive scattered 7 hits and was also very good. He gave up some bloopers that found the outfield. Even the game winning hit in the 8th wasn't hit very hard, but it was on an 0-2 count. I think he was scared to throw the breaking pitch because of the runner on third. South Point played a great game and their pitcher was unbelievable. The series moves to Staton Field Friday night and I think you are going to see a fired up Mustang team. East had won 22 straight before tonights' game and will have to win Friday to force a game Saturday back at South Point. I would expect Cody Laws or Kent Basinger to get the start for ER. Does anyone know who SP might start? I know they pitched their # 2 on Tuesday and their # 1 went tonight.

2. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I was told a couple days ago that Justin Roland would start game 2 if East lost game 1. Was also told that Kent Basinger would start game 2 if East won game 1. That being said, Roland did throw a lot of pitches on Tuesday and probably would benefit from an extra day. Who knows? The Salisbury Post said Hightower didn't say last night.

3. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

The Salisbury Post said that the official scorebook credited Horne with a no hitter, but the South Point scoreboard had 1 hit on the board for ER. Brett Strelow said that usually a clean hit is requried to break up a no hitter. One hit, two hits, no hits, it didn't matter last night. I just don't see Roland starting Friday night. If possible, I could see him coming in relief, maybe. East has other very capable pitchers in Laws, Basinger, and Holmes. Holmes was probably the best pitcher in the county before he had that elbow injury and that apparently still has an effect on his pitching now. Anyways like I said before, I would expect to see a fired up ER team come out tonight at Staton Field. This is a special group of players and they are not ready for it to end now.