1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Relocating to North Carolina - Introduction

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by luvmygirls, Oct 25, 2009.

1. luvmygirls

luvmygirls Full Access Member

Hello,

My husband and I are relocating to North Carolina. Hopefully everything will be finalized in the next few weeks as one of us works in Ohio and one works in North Carolina.

We have two awesome daughters who have played softball since they were little. Both are in college now, and both have scholarships to play softball. Our oldest pitched in high school, but her primary position is 2nd base. Our youngest daughter's primary position is catching, can play all positions, and was recruited to pitch at her school.

We have been blessed to have the opportunity to work with Crystl Bustos at her clinics and her hitting instructor is our daughters' hitting instructor. His name is Howard Carrier. They have developed our daughters both offensively and defensively and also as people. On a sidebar, we would love to see these two bring their clinics to North Carolina and would be willing to help should you be interested. The clinic they run is the best, by far, that we have been part of.

My husband has been a coach for many years. He retired two years ago to give our daughter a chance to be exposed to different coaching styles. When my husband coaches, we are a team together. I take care of all the logistics, help the older players with college recruiting, make skills videos, and just keep the team organized. We are so proud of all "our girls" who have grown up and are in college and do our best to keep track of them.

We are hoping to find our place in the North Carolina softball community. Church and softball are two areas that are important to us, and we believe we have a lot to give back as we have been blessed.

It would be wonderful if all of you could introduce yourselves to us and share with us the aspects of North Carolina softball.

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome to this board rocks softball forum. what community are you possibly relocating too???

3. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

....what an awesome post! I'm Marlin or the Fishman, and although my opinions stir the pot here and there, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm 100% behind our kids and folks like you and your husband who give their time to make a positive difference.
    Thanks and welcome to NC.

Fish

4. luvmygirls

Thanks for the posts.

We are not sure which community we will be living in for sure. My husband works in Burlington, and I think I will be working in Chapel Hill. I am supposed to receive an offer this week. We are thinking of possibly living in Durham, as it wouldn't be too far for either one of us. Any suggestions would be welcome.

We don't mind when people stir the pot. It adds a little fun to the posts.

5. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

....I personally would rather live in a "van down by the river" than Chapel Hill.
    Location, location, location

Fish

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

i suggest that you move to gastonia and attend hunter huss high school......thats as close as i can get to recruiting. :biggrin:

7. ohioquakerman

ohioquakerman Junior Member

This lady and her husband will be missed in our state of Ohio... wonderful people with inovative ideas about the sport.

Church and softball.. my two favorites too.:60:

8. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

Dittos to that......

9. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

welcome

Welcome..... to NC. I sure you will not have a problem finding any of the 2 above. Some ????? on your clinics. Are you willing to travel NC for your clinics? Say Sat or Sun afternoon. Is your husband wanting to start TB/Showcase teams? Or coach on HS or MS level. Believe me the opportunity is there. Visit Stanly County you might not want to leave.

Stanly

10. luvmygirls

ohioquakerman, thanks for the kind remarks.

Stanlysoftball,
    My husband and I do not put on clinics, but we would be happy to assist and organization or group of organizations in bringing Crystl Bustos and her awesome clinic to North Carolina.

My husband has coached both school ball and travel ball, but travel ball is more suited to his work schedule. We are open to however we would fit best. We have worked with teams/players that are at the college exposure level, and we are also open to helping develop fundamentals in the players.

We don't need to start a team or organization. I am sure there are plenty out there now. We will just wait until we find the right fit for us. In the mean time, we hope to help out where we fit in.