1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Results 5/5-Playoffs

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, May 5, 2008.

1. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

I wish baseball would make the final 4 rounds best 2 out of 3, instead of just the final 2. That way you'd only have to go through 2 single elimination games before it gets to 3 game series' where the truly best team would win more often.

2. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Final high school game for the Seniors

What a great day at Fleming Stadium today as the Wake County Home School parents and coaches hosted the Richmond Virginia Patriots on senior day. The teams split 5-3 and 11-7. A huge cookout after the games as well.

I had a blast calling the games this year with my new ump buddy "Ponce Moody"

I also learned today that Brian Stephenson would be joining some of my former players at Campbell this fall. Good luck to all the college bound seniors.

3. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Is it true West Forsyth held their ace pitcher for Round 2? If true did they not know who they were playing????

4. bassfishing

bassfishing Full Access Member

The Mount Tabor-Northwest Guilford ended 13-12, with Mount Tabor winning. Tabor was up 13-3 with 1 out in the fifth. They made four critical errors. Mat Batts started and pithed 4 1/3 and Garrett Hickman relieved him and then Turner Simpson picked up his 3rd save. The Spartans advance to play at defending state champion South Caldwell on Tuesday. Northwest Guilford showed alot of fight to fight back and have the tying run on base in the 7th.

5. jd05

jd05 Full Access Member

Not big Deal..

Reagan beat Glenn twice in the last two weeks of the season and they weren't that good. Ragsdale should win going away. Hope the game is called well.. always has been some interesting call when Glenn is at home.

6. OurPasttime713

jd05, amen brother.

7. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

I think Glenn went into cruise control mode because they won their conference and knew they were in. Granted that is not good going into the playoffs, you always want to have a little momentum. If I had to guess I would think Glenn would be throwing Junior Brandon Harrison who has been their ace this year throwing all of Glenn's "big" games. Wossa can probably help me out on who would be starting for Ragsdale...Coffey??? Anyways like wossa said, Kernersville is the place to be Tuesday night!!

8. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Pitching!

Zac Cornblum (Lefty) threw a great game. Was really in control. Would try to get hitters to chase early, especially with change off the plate, and then if they would not chase he would come and get them.

Picked off two runners with an excellent move to first to quiet any rallies before they could get started.

Left one change up, up and out over the plate that Icard drove over the right field fence. Next time up Icard K'd on 3 fast balls in on his hands. Cornblum really had a plan and excuted it.

They also took advantage of the both mistakes by East Burke to score their runs. Each time they had a chance to score, they came through with the key hit.

No fluke here. Just out played East Burke on that day.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  9. OurPasttime713

Kevin Parrish is Glenn's ace, not Brandon Harrison. He beat SWG, SEG, and Ragsdale

10. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Lumberton 2, Person 0

Sorry I did not get it posted before, now. Lightening took out my dsl Thursday night.

Was a great game for the fans to watch! Both teams played well. Person had its best opportunity to tie the game in the 5th but couldn't get the job done.

PER-000 000 0 -- 0 4 0
    LUM-002 000 x -- 2 6 2

WP - Lewis (5-3) (0 runs 4 hits 1 K, 2 BB)
    LP - Dickens (6-3) (2 runs, 2 ER, 6 Hits, 4 K's 1 BB)

Leading Hitters:
    PERSON - Trey Davis 1-3, Jeremy Peed 1-2, Travis Vaughan 1-2, Stephen Wright 1-2
    LUMBERTON - Daniel Lee 1-3 (run), Seth Wagner 1-3 (run), Garrick Britt 1-2 (2B, RBI), Dominique Whitted 1-3, Miles McGirt 1-2, Brett Walters 1-2

Lumberton (18-8) advances to play Fuquay-Varina (23-2) Tuesday night. Person concludes its season at 15-10.