1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Results from Rock Hill

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softball_56, Aug 15, 2011.

1. softball_56

softball_56 Full Access Member

Anyone have any results from this past weekend in Rock Hill?

2. HIT-N-RUN

HIT-N-RUN Full Access Member

CAROLINA HIT-N-RUN
    4WINS-1LOSS-1TIE(The loss coming from a fill in game w/the SC ELITE-PACK-very good team)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  3. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

Carolina Gators

The Gators went 4-1 as well. Believe the Richmond Diamonds (whom the Gators lost to 3-2 on Friday night) in our bracket went 5-0.

To say a lot of rain is an understatement. There was a TON of rain. There was so much rain in such a short time Saturday night that they closed a road by our hotel because it was completely under water. Have to give major props to whom ever (not sure if it was Rock Hill, Rick and the Cardinals, etc.) was taking care of the fields! I know many of us thought there was 0 chance of playing an 8:00 AM game Sunday morning after all of the rain Saturday night but all of the fields at Cherry park were ready to go and I think most games even started a little early. Yes it was soggy around the bases and pitchers mound but it was an amazing feat to be able to play at all.

4. jbarrington2

jbarrington2 Junior Member

Carolina Flames

The Carolina Flames went 4-0...didn't play our late game Saturday due to the rain. I was also very impressed at how playable the fields were early Sunday.

5. fastpitchdad1994

fastpitchdad1994 Where is the GURU???

Hurricanes Elite

Hurricanes Elite went 4-0 in their bracket. Our 8:00 PM game on Saturday was rained out.

6. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

Bracket winners

I'll post them sometime this week. Due to the rain, games cancelled, games shortened, it'll take me a bit to determine who won each bracket.
    There were a lot of ties.
    Cardinals Chandler, Car. Crush and the VA legends all went 3-1 in our bracket, coming down to tie breakers.
    Best I can tell right now, the Crush won our pool. They beat us Fri. night 3-2.

And, the Rock Hill folks did a wonderful job of trying to keep us playing.
    We did have to make a change here or there but all in all, we were very blessed to get in all the games we did.
    That's why we play in Rock Hill! They take their sports very seriously.
    I was told by the parks and rec folks they put out 486 bags of Turface. That is more than they used all last year.

7. Gator_Dad

Gator_Dad Advanced Member

Crush went 3-1 we had 1 game cancelled fo rain. We played some great teams and really played well as a team. @ of our pitchers were not there and 3 of our normal bats.

Some very good games played against some very good teams. I spoke to a lot of college coaches this weekend that liked what they saw from our team and others. Very well ran tournament.

8. cougarsoftball12

cougarsoftball12 Full Access Member

Showcase

I thought this was a showcase tournament?

9. 2Sisters

2Sisters Member

Carolina Wildcats 18U

Wildcats 18u went 4-0 with Sat 8pm game cancelled.
    And ditto on the great job Rock Hill did having the Fields playable Sunday!!!

10. benched_coach

benched_coach Junior Member

It was a showcase tournament and like everyone else said, hats of to the parks department for a job well done.