1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Roberson coach talks big game, provides "bulletin board" material

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Langston Wertz Jr., May 18, 2010.

1. Langston Wertz Jr.

Langston Wertz Jr. Full Access Member

Roberson coach: "I don't see a problem for us in the next 3 or 4 rounds."

Wonder what the folks at East Gaston and Hopewell and Myers Park think of this. Gotta love his Tom Knotts-like confidence though.

Click here

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Knowing Donnie Suttles, a native of Marion and McDowell High alumni, his comments come as no shock. Being modest has hardly ever been a word to describe Donnie.

3. NCMtnBBDad

NCMtnBBDad NCMtnBBDad

Living in Asheville and having sons who play against Roberson, these comments come as no surprise whatsoever.

4. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

I feel they will be beat as soon as they dont have to play at home anymore. Roberson's field is awesome! but very small, balls fly out of there. against lake norman 2 of there homeruns were fly ball outs anywhere else.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I was trying to find a crow smilie...I guess Coach Tom Smith forgot to tell him about "board material" during playoffs. This will be fun to watch.

I guess Hopewell, MP and Mallard Creek (he didn't give Porter Ridge any credit either) probably should cancel the game and save the expense of traveling.

6. ERPIEfan

ERPIEfan Junior Member

Roberson

I don't think a coach should provide bulletin board material but he has a heck of a team. Roberson beat East Rutherford AT ER during their Easter tournament by mercy rule. Hard enough to beat ER as it is but by mercy rule......You've GOT to be good!

7. bigstars

bigstars Full Access Member

Does Roberson play 2A and 3A teams mostly thru the year? I think they are in a split conference 3A/4A and play some 2A teams according to max preps. Also seen where A.C. Reynolds beat them twice with a combined score of 30 to 11. Reynolds with a record of 14-10.

8. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

One of their losses this year came from #1 ranked 1A Murphy played on a neutral field at WCU. Now you know the "big" Charlotte schools have nothing to worry about when it comes to playing mountain schools. He's just trying to fire his kids up. Better hope somebody doesn't have to come up here though. Forecast for Friday at gametime is 32 degrees with a possibility of snow flurries.

9. bigstars

bigstars Full Access Member

I dont think any charlotte school feels intimidated. By the way forecast for charlotte at game time Friday is sunshine with a 100% chance of a good old fashion city boy butt whoopin!

10. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

You shouldn't feel intimidated at all. No way a lil ole mountain team should ever beat a big city Charlotte team.