1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Round 2 results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, May 19, 2006.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Sorry to see it end...

Congratulations to the entire team for a great season, you too Red Bear.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

On the South Caldwell side near Mr. Gragg and his lovely wife

3. roserampants05

roserampants05 Banned From TBR

davie won 6-5 as it says :)

4. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Beautiful Field

Nice place to watch a game, and pretty good crowd on hand... Any thoughts on the game?

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Alright you got me TBA:D

First let me say this was my first visit to Ashbrook in a while. I was floored at all the work they have done to the field and outside the field.

The game:
    After being beaten twice by SC during the regular season, Ashbrook battled for 4 innings. SC was clearly the more talented team overall, but you love to see the underdogs compete and Ashbrook did that well.

For Ashbrook, I was really impressed with a number of their players. Devon Harris (ECU) is the real deal. The kid can hit with anyone in the state. I love the competitiveness of the ss, Frazier. And #2 is a small dog with a big bite. The kid did not back down from any of the pitchers he faced...and he faced some great one's tonight.

For South Caldwell: Let me say first, I sat with some great folks from SC. They were knowledgeable, supportive and cheered for their team and NEVER dissed an opposing player. I got to meet a few of them and they were great!
    SC started Jimmy Messer (sp). It's the first time I have seen him pitch..the kid has a devastating CB...one of the best in the state..it's spin is tight and drops off the table. Not many at the HS level could hit that pitch.
    Madison Bumgardner was Madison Bumgardner. A first pitch HR that I thought was going to be a gapper...cleared the fence. The kid is that strong. He came in and pitched 3 innings and simply overpowered everybody. He threw only 1 off speed pitch, so the hitters were sitting dead red...didn't matter...most only heard the pitch as it hit the catcher's mitt.

Ther one player I watched closely was my new friend, Shane Clawson. In my opinion, he is the ignitor. He has a high baseball IQ and runs the bases extremely well. If it was up to me, he would be my lead off hitter...he makes things happen.

It's going to be Ali vs Frazier -Thrilla in the Hilla's next week against ACR. I might try to make that one...it should be the best one yet

6. WCU4Life

WCU4Life Junior Member

Sorry bout that...

My bad... geez.

7. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Ah come on Braves, Asheville is easy. Take the ride to Forbush. :bananalam

8. roserampants05

roserampants05 Banned From TBR

conley won 13-3. think they played currituck?

9. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Braves -
    Bryan Booth will probably be playing legion ball for Cary Post 67. He did last summer. I'll try to get up with him to ask him, but I'd assume he'll be playin for the legion squad.

I'm really proud of the guy. He was a freshman when I was a senior and I knew he'd be a special player for Cary's school team and for the legion program. Great kid who plays hard. I hate it for him the way it ended today, but 3 bombs in one playoff game is nothing to sneeze at. The way they lost will most likely be what people most remember, but he was one of the reasons Cary made the playoffs.

Hats off to Bryan, I wish his high school career wasn't over yet, but he made me proud, along with many former players who have dreamed of playing in the playoffs at CHS. :woohoo:

10. 007

007 Full Access Member

The thing that will make SC-ACR III interesting, is how they set their pitching up, with the threat of facing North Forsyth in the next game. Conventional wisdom says throw your best , but I think whoever wins will need their best pitcher, pitching his best game, to beat NF. I guess what I'm saying is the two best teams in NC will meet in the western bracket finals.

Last edited: May 19, 2006