1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Round 2 results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, May 19, 2006.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Hmmmmmmmm, Davie County might have a little something to say about that. One and done does not always guarantee the best 2 teams in the finals.

2. 007

007 Full Access Member

Before anyone takes this to Las Vegas, I picked Providence to win it all last year.

3. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

FV 5, Wakefield 3

I understand FV won 5-3 over Wakefield

4. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

South Granville vs South Johnston

South Granville defeated South Johnston 11-4
    Chris Luck went the distance for the Vikings. Leading hitters for SG Jeff May 3-4 2dbl , Pratt Maynard 2-3 HR , Mike Robbins 2-4 HR , Jon Perry 2-4. SG took a 2-0 lead in the first inning when Pratt Maynard hit a two run HR. SG added 1 in the top of the second inning to make it 3-0. In the bottom of the second inning SJ scored 4 runs on Luck to take a 4-3 lead. In the top of the third the Vikings struck back with a two run HR by Mike Robbins to take a 5-4 lead. May doubled in the fifth inning and which scored 2 more for the Vikings and they never trailed again. Luck struggled in the second but only allowed 1 hit the rest of the way and seemed to only get stronger the rest of the way. Im very proud of our team making it to the third round of the state playoffs with only 2 seniors on the team and only one senior starter in the line up. SJ played very hard and never gave up. Congrats to SJ on a very good season and their conference championship.

5. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

West Carteret-2
    Southern Wayne-1 WC wins in the bottom of the 8th on a sac fly.

WC now plays Conley Tues. Alex White vs. Lonnie Chisenhall.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  6. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

Yeah Braves, let the Forbush Falcons show you a little of our Yadkin County hospitality. I would very much like to meet you and after all, a Falcons vs. Falcons match-up is sure to be an exciting game!

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  7. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

YES!!!!

nuff said......:satana: :thud: :satana: :thud:

8. Spartanbaseball14

Spartanbaseball14 Jballer

The Graggs are great and Matt is a good pitcher too. I can't wait till we go up to ACR on tuesday.. if your not busy this will be a game to see. The SC boys are ready and can't wait for the game. Did you see #2 slide into home for SC...how funny was that...i love derek coffey great pitcher by the way. but all in all it was a great game and i was pleased with the attitude of the guys last night...we still stayed pumped but i think we controlled it a bit.

9. millhouse037

millhouse037 Junior Member

I have heard that North forsyth hasnt played a realy tough schedule this year. Does anyone have their schedule, or any comments on how good they realy are.

10. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

It's a safe bet to say that any team that has a 27-0 record and has quality players like North Forsyth is really good. I would suggest you bring your A game when you show up to play these guys. Although, as we know, anything can happen in a one and out format.