1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Round 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Feb 23, 2006.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Crest 85
    AC Reynolds 71

2. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

Central Cabarrus defeated Greensboro Smith 85-72

3. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Forgot the score but Olympic beat Hickory by 2.

4. titan90

titan90 titan90

Reynolds had a serious meltdown at the end of the year losing 3 straight games (MHS-EB-Crest). As a former player of Bill Ellis I wish his team the best of luck and hope that he can bring home a title to Crest. It could not happen to a better man. If East Burke got beat tonight that means the NW4A was one and done in the playoffs. You cannot count the win EB had against Alexander Central because the both are from the NW4A. Next year will not be any better for this conference.

5. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

East Burke got beat I belive 67-59 I might be wrong, but they did get beat.

6. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Another good win for Crest. It was my first trip to AC for a hoops game, an I thought the lay out of the gym was pretty cool. A smaller version of Freedom or East Burke. When I got there, I saw this huge student section and I was expecting the gym to rock. To be honest the few kids at Butler made more noise. Crest had size advantage on AC so you figure Crest was going to pound it inside. The kids for AC did a super job blocking out the Crest big men and the press that Crest used in the first half was allowing AC to get to the middle of the floor for some midrange jumpers. Crest adjusted their D in the second half and took some of those shots away. Spikes fouled out early in the 4th, but that may have been a bad thing for AC as Dion Malacahi played his best game since his injury, I won't say anything about a couple of Spikes fouls.:lalala: Crest was led by CJ Wright with 21, Malacahi had 16, Bruce Smith and Rayshawn Roseboro each had 14. Spikes and Jared Maddox each watched the game end from the bench as they both fouled out. AC was led by DJ Clement with 24.

Crest moves to 19-8 on the year and will play East Meck Saturday night at 8:00. I've heard that the game will be at East Burke.

In attendance at the Crest/AC game was former Charger, Wolfpacker, NBA great, greatest player in ACC history, Dion Malacahi uncle, David Thompson. An even David didn't like a couple of the calls on Spike. An if David didn't like it then it had to be wrong.:trophy:

This was also the first time I saw Spikes dunk in a game. He drove the baseline and put it home. Of course Dion added another to the highlight reel. Hope it's a good game Sat night.

7. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

the greatest?

In attendance at the Crest/AC game was former Charger, Wolfpacker, NBA great, greatest player in ACC history, Dion Malacahi uncle, David Thompson.

Thompson was a great player and maybe he had the greatest seasons in the acc.However let's don't get carryed away and forget the greatest basketball player of all time was a tar heel-MICHAEL JORDON... :woohoo:

8. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

The greatest ACC College player was David Thompson. Not NBA, strictly ACC years. Of course, if David doesn't get mixed up with drugs, we may be saying NBA as well, but we'll never know.

9. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Congrats to Crest and good luck on Saturday. I agree with you wholeheartedly to a certain degree about Spikes fouling out in regards to Dion Malachi, sorry if I mispelled, however, Spikes was a man on the boards and when he went out that opened up the paint a little. Dion Malachi is a stud. He should be on the floor until his tongue is dragging the floor. He is by far the best "basketball" player on Crest from what I saw the other night. I didn't realize that the Charger's were the runners up in 3A last year and they have a chance this year in 4A. One thing I see is that they don't have the greatest bench, I am NOT going to count Malachi as a bench player; he is a starter coming off the bench. I guess so he can get into better shape after being out for a good part of the season. He is there and should be on the floor at the start, middle, and end of the game. Another thing, their guard play is a little suspect and could be an achilles heel. One last observation, Spikes picked up his 5 fouls due in part to his antics on the court. He was talking trash to the Rockets coach, he was jawing at fans, he went out of his way at half to "bump" a Reynolds player, and quite frankly to a lot of referees that is perceived as poor sportsmanship. Thus, he brought the closer scrutiny of the officials on himself, when he fouled out he was fortunate that he didn't get called for a technical foul because he pulled out his shirt when he was at the top of the key walking of the court. I thought that was a "point of emphasis" this year by the NCHSAA due to that being a display of poor sportsmanship. Some refs will let players get away with that, some will not and you never know what kind of refs your going to get. Good luck.