1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Round 4 scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Boxman, May 26, 2005.

1. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

South Meck-West Forsyth

Besides the missed first base call, what were the stats on the game.
    Who pitched for West, South?
    And who were the leading hitters?

I agree, it was a bogus call.

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Since I've commented a lot today about this, (just for the record) I'm pulling for South Meck also, so I'm certainly not complaining because my team lost. I just don't like to see calls like that...

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

WP: Matt Andress. LP: Dusty Snow. Leading hitters--MP: Jonathan Ratledge 2-4, double; Reid Rollison 3-4, 3 RBIs; Ryan Morris 2-3, double, RBI; Brad Marren 2-3, HR, 2 RBIs; WF: John Stamper 2-4; Greg Holt 1-3, HR; Tyler Manring 2-4, Matt Sapp 1-3, 2 RBIs.

4. Braves

:xyzthumbs...and i agree with you tj. I don't believe anyone wants that call to be made no matter what team you are pulling for. In fact, I was congratulating Dusty on his HR...while cursing him beneath my breath :D

It's High School, man. I cheer for everyone...well, most of the time.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Braves, your exactly right. I don't mind telling ya, if you'd had ole TJ out there calling yesterday, I would've just looked at your coach (if your coach actually appealed) and I would've thought to myself "the nerve of you", then I would've simply smiled at him, motioned "safe" and said "let's just play ball".

Some of you may have thought I was a bad ump,,, but at least I never let any games get out of hand. Good ole communication and a little common sense goes a looooong way...

6. Braves

Don't worry tj...all umps are bad. It's just some of them are worse than others

:D:D:D...just kiddin'

7. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Letter of the Law / Spirit of the Law

The analogy of balks not being called does not wash. By balking and it not being called you are gaining and unfair advantage. What advantage did the Snow kid gain by not touching first base? Umpires have rules of course they do. And they have to use their judgement as well. In my opinion poor judgement was used in this situation. Good umpires have good common sense and use good judgement. Any umpire that just umps by the rule book period in my opinion is not a good umpire. Have you ever been stopped for going 36 in a 35 zone? Have you ever got a ticket for going 36 in a 35 zone? If you did what would be your opinion of that policeman? Dont get upset he was just following the rules. Im not suggesting that the rules be changed. Im not suggesting that umpires ignore the rules. What I am saying that common sense and good judgement are part of being a good umpire , policeman etc etc. Just my opinion but there is no way I would ever appeal a HR hit out of the park in an attempt to take a run away or a HR away that has been earned. I wouldn't want to win or loose a game like that. I will let this one go now Ive had my say.

8. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Its unfortunate...

Just my opinion but there is no way I would ever appeal a HR hit out of the park in an attempt to take a run away or a HR away that has been earned. I wouldn't want to win or loose a game like that. I will let this one go now Ive had my say.
    Have to agree with you Coach May but Id be dyin like a cancer knowin it! Bottom line IT SUCKS ALL the way around

9. TheBull

TheBull Member

hickory 8

northwest cabarrus 6

10. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Great come back by Hickory to score 8 straight runs.