1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Round 4 scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Boxman, May 26, 2005.

1. dragbunt

dragbunt Full Access Member

Braves isn't the only one who can bum a ride. Sutigers took me to NW tonight. Jerrod Faggart did hit a bomb and finished with 4 RBI. Blake pitched great and poor Wil Boyd was the lone spark tonight for Hickory. Clemson is getting a good one. Besides Scott Forbes @ Winthrop, Joe Hubbard is the best coach I've seen in a while handle the fungo stick. Thanks Joe, I've been sold on maple wood for a while now.

Braves, I expect to see you for the first matchup between Pineville and Charlotte Legion teams. Coach Clewis said he would only charge you a dollar for every hit T. J. gave up Fri nite. Best of luck to South and Northwest.

2. hitman

hitman Full Access Member

NW Cabarrus 11 Hickory1

Blake Ketner was on tonight yielding only 3 hits and 1 run to Hickory. Wil Boyd was 2 for 3, hitting his 13th home run of the year. Patrick Shelton had Hickory's only other hit, a double. Ben Gibbs suffered his first loss of the season and drops to 10-1. Gibbs was pulled in the first after 22 pitches.

3. CPCbaseball

CPCbaseball Full Access Member

Thank you Braves.....we wish you all luck next week again. I agree and on behalf of the Titans represent the West well in the finals. Keep swinging and pitching like you did against us.

4. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Game 2
    Williamston..63102–13-10-3
    Farmville Central..02000–2-3-5
    WP – Hunter Rogerson; LP – Craven Taylor

Game 3
    Farmville Central..2010013–7113
    Williamston..0000011–262
    WP – Brad Bagley; LP – Matt Howell.

Farmville Central wins series 2-1

5. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

a little late on the congratulations (3 reasons: 1 licking my wounds 2 legion has started 3. no computer at home, sad huh) but i would like to congratulate the sabres of south meck. they played a great series to beat us in 2 games. they showed a tremendous amount of class both nights. tj threw a heck of a game friday night, and they hit the ball all over the park. good luck this weekend and bring the gold home to the west side. congrats coach bagwell and the sabres on a great season so far.

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Chatham Central at Bessemer City

at 7pm tonite.....series is knotted up at 1-1 in this 2A matchup

Gm One.....CC 5-4 winners

Gm Two....BC 2-1 winners

Good Luck Coach Mathney and those Yellow Jackets!!

7. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

Being prejudiced and highly emotional, and in need of a good dictionary, I have waited now to post but I too want to thank TJ Worrell not just for pitching his heart out - which he also did even when he was injured and less than 100% - but for the class with which he has carried himself. This kid is the consummate team player and competitor. He is also one heck of an athlete - I watched him hit the longest ball out at West Forsyth in bp and wondered. . . (Better keep quiet - that's material for another poast).
    But most importantly, he has character. Character that knows when to encourage and when to challenge, character to keep quiet when he's dying for a shot, character that makes you want your kid to have the privelidge of playing with him, character that wants the baseball. Tj , I have always believed in you kid. And the script couldn't have been any better - last possible home game, really a MUST win - heck, we did not want to go back to Clemmons and try to shut those bats down again. You didn't beat just anyone to get the record either. Those boys from West could swing the bat. (Congrats to them by the way - that was truly a series that could have gone either way)
    I am immensely proud of you, and proud to have had the joy of watching you grow into the young man you are. And oh yeah, as you know, this ain't over yet. I am just thankful for the opportunity, and the memory of Friday night.

Go Sabres

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks Coach.....you guys are winners at so many levels. What a classy team and obviously they represent you, your school and your community with pride. Like I said previously, I am elated that we did not have to go back to WF because you guys were the toughest team we have seen all year and it would have been scary.

I know you are proud of your team and to let you know from many SM supporters...we are proud to have played you. It was truly a series of two teams leaving their hearts out on the field.

9. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

the..............

Popester is 'da MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well sometimes) heheheeh :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :agreed:

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep...but don't make him mad. An umpire better not call his runner out again on a HR...or you better call 911