1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Round 4 scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Boxman, May 26, 2005.

1. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Owen 5
    West Stokes 3

NW 9
    Hickory 5

2. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Bessemer City vs Chatham Centrak rained out till tomorrow

3. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Might have to...

go check that one out....My buddy Gary over at the CC! ???????????????????????????????????????????

4. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

NW Cabarrus - 9 Hickory - 5

:trophy::trophy:TROJANS RIP HICKORY TO WIN WEST REGION TITLE!!!!!!!!:trophy::trophy:
    The crowd on both sides were very vocal tonight as these two heavy-weights squared-off in the deciding game of the NCHSAA 3A Western Regional Final. NW Cabarrus chased Hickory starter Ben Gibbs off the mound in the 4th for a 9-2 lead. After going down 2-0 in the first off of an Isaac Harrow screamer up the middle and a couple of infield squib hits, NW Cabarrus came back to score 9 unanswered runs courtesy of a Jerrod Faggart home-run and RBIs by Connor Bean (3 for 3), Kyle Seager, Justin Rodriguez, Bret Honeycutt and company (sorry....too exciting to keep a scorebook tonight).

The NWC pitching staff got a needed break tonight from Robby Gurley who went +3 innings and had the Hickory hitters buckling at his curveball. Coach Hubbard, who quickly replaced Gurley in the 4th when Ryan Stimmell singled and Ben Gibbs walked, brought in Nick Daniels who gave up a 3-run home-run to Clemson-bound Wilson Boyd to cut the score to 9-5. After getting through the 4th, Daniels settled in to get the victory.

The big blow to Hickory came in the 6th inning with 1 out when Wilson Boyd reached and Isaac Harrow bounced into a fielder's choice at 2nd and Harrow was called out because of interference (Boyd?) to complete a double-play.

NEXT UP: The 3A Championship: NW CABARRUS vs. SOUTHERN ALAMANCE!!!!

(early indicators say this series will be played at Mudcats Stadium in Zebulon)

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  5. hitman

hitman Full Access Member

NW Cabarrus 9 Hickory 5

Wil Boyd and Isaac Harrow finished their Hickory High careers tonight by both going 2 for 3 with walks. Boyd hit his 14th home run of the year. Seniors Justin Dickson and Ryan Stimmel also picked up hits in their last game at Hickory.

The Tornadoes finished the season at 24-7.

6. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

I met Wil Boyd after the game and wished this fine young man a great career at Clemson. The entire Red Tornadoes line-up can hit the ball well but Mr.Boyd and Mr.Harrow especially struck fear into the hearts of Trojan fans. A great series and a shame someone had to lose. (Where is Harrow playing college ball? He is awesome!)

7. hitman

hitman Full Access Member

Isaac Harrow will attend App State where he will be a member of the baseball team.

8. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

ASU has really signed a talented class.

9. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

Braves,
    thanks for the compliments. i was very proud of our guys. they had a great season, far better than expected at the first of the season. south meck has a great team and i wish them luck in the finals. the sabre fans were VERY vocal, and help to make a great high school atmosphere, and our fans helped to add to that. i thought it was a great atmosphere and positive experience at both sites. i just hope our 8 sophomores and our few juniors can learn from this experience and maybe make another run next year. again my hat is off to coach bagwell and the whole sabre squad.

10. redbirdfan

redbirdfan Full Access Member

Enjoy it Sabres!

South Meck 8, West Forsyth 0

TJ Worrell pitches complete game shutout as Sabres advance to 4A Championship Series.[/
    I]

Something told me that South Meck would peak at just the right time - and it looks like they are heading for a state championship! Congratulations to the Sabres and especially to TJ - any of us who have had the privilege of having our sons play ball with TJ, on any team, knows that he is a great competitor with such determination. I never doubted that he would be a key player to get them a strong victory and send a message of how good the Sabre team is when they are in their groove. Good luck - and have fun on the ride!