1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rowan County Legion

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tj21, Apr 29, 2008.

1. RobMan

RobMan Junior Member

Define the age rule please

How does the actual age work? Is it high school or college ...or is it age? Is the age set as of Jan 1 of the year of legion? If a player is still 17 when they grad high school and therefore just 18 the first year of college are they eligible? On the other hand, if a kid is already 18 come Jan 1st of their senior year in high school can they play legion even though they will be 19 that year?

I don't really understand how the age works with legion and now with it going back to the old rules in 2009 I am more confused. If you know the details to this please explain.

Thanks!

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Right now it is actual age. If a player is going to turn 20 before Jan.1 this year, he is illegal.

I have not seen anything in writing, but have heard a "rumor" that this is the last year 19 year olds will be able to play. This is not a North Carolina rule, this would be a national rule and a national rule change. You can keep up with national meetings at the national legion website...

http://www.baseball.legion.org/

3. RobMan

RobMan Junior Member

Thanks!

Went to the site and the chart explains it better than anything I have read. Thanks again!