1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rules

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Cardinalgirl93, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

I Promised Cheese !!!

:42: ------ I promised Cheese that I would be GOOD !!!!--:cuss:

2. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

VERY RARE TO GET SPIKED...

In over 40 years of playing and watching baseball and softball I've only seen 2 people get "cleated",or gashed by cleats, and both were baseball (professional baseball)

3. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Oh my gosh. 6" spike gashes?...Where are you playin?, the California Penal League....

Up until this ruling, softball was the only major sport where high school teams could not wear the same equiptment as the colleges and pro's.
    This new rule is a good thing for softball....it will force the coaches to teach their players how to slide safely and within the rules... as for your comments about aggressive play and blatant collisions at the plate with intent to injure, there is no place in softball for that, and anyone practicing or coaching in that manner will not be in the sport long. I seriously doubt it is as bad as you claim.

I believe ASA will approve this very shortly. Here's a clue...anybody paid attention to the 2008 catalogs of every major manufacturer of softball equiptment. They are coming out with new styles, new lines, etc..and the focus is on the metal lines....

Mizuno has some great stuff. There is a reason they are producing these lines...

We are beating a dead horse on this subject... the ruling is in effect.
    Let's accept and promote it positively. It is a good thing for softball.

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

california penal league, are we watching major league again???? where's wild thing???

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

agreed.

6. JefferMC

JefferMC Full Access Member

Leaping "slides" are not widespread. There are one or two teams that you run across that do this, and I will admit I've not seen it in an ASA sanctioned tournament. (The most recent occurences were at a WFC event).

Of course manufacturers will be looking to provide product for the new market (NFHS sanctioned contests). But I just don't necessarily expect that to extend to ASA. I don't know about NSA, ISA, USSSA or WFC (or...). I'm sure that I'd rather not have to keep my daughter in two sets of cleats. At least her foot growth has slowed down considerably.