1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scouting Reports: All Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Nostradamus, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Ryan Laboy (soph) is a very good outfielder and hitter for Central Cabarrus. Coach Tyson will always have his teams hitting the ball well and playing good sound defense. However those super stud pitchers only come around in cycles and CC didn't have one last spring. Pitching for CC will again only be average this coming spring, sorry no studs...

Look for CC to be an above-average team and probably finish 3rd-4th in the Meca 8 Conference this spring.

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Hey Wuf

Glad you're joining us - keep us posted about things over at CC - I don't care who's on the mound for them - that's a dangerous team the way they hit.

CC, Indy & North look to be in a dogfight for 2nd to me this year. But North may have the strongest pitching of the three.

3. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

Wufman, you know a Justin Hatlley? My son played with him in AAU a couple of years ago. Pretty good pitcher at the time. Just curious.

4. Wufman

rcbbfan, Yes Justin Hatley has been a fine pitcher in recent years. Btw, good luck to your son and WR this spring, you guys look loaded on paper.

...and NCBBALLFAN, yes you're right about CC having a good hitting team. As I said earlier, Coach Tyson will always have his boys ready.

My point is this, you guys know as well as I do that one superstud pitcher can carry a HS team a long way all by himself. For years, Coach Tyson could simply hand the baseball to a long list of flamethrowers and Central was always at the top of the conference battling with East Rowan each year. Several CC pitchers were drafted, others went to college,,, but lets face it,,,,, CC was awful young last year (on the mound especially).

CC will always be an above-average team because of Coach Tyson's work ethic and dedication to the program, but sorry no studs on the mound this year either. I agree with NCBBALLFAN with CC finishing 2-4 in the Meca 8.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Especially a freshman. He is two years away from pitching Little League and now he's facing some 17-18 yo stud. Quite a contrast and not for the weak at heart.

I recall a post by NCBball when he stated the hardest transition in HS for an underclass pitcher was going from a strikeout pitcher to getting hitters to groundout or popup. With experience and intelligence, a young pitcher can grow from being a thrower to a Pitcher...and some never learn

6. NCBBallFan

East Rowan?

Pre-season polls (Impact) have East Rowan still up at the top of the state after the 2-20 update. What do they have in the way of players since they lost Steedley?

7. Wufman

NCBBALLFAN, East Rowan is East Rowan. Yes, they lost nearly every position player from last years team (and mainly Cal Hayes). But they return Steedley's strong bat at firstbase and a group of pitchers who have been battle-tested. And again, they are STILL East Rowan. There is a TON of baseball talent in that area of the county. They will always play solid defense and opposing teams will always have to work hard to beat them.

Yes, this will be a "down" year for East Rowan, and they could still possibly finish as high as 3rd in a very tough NPC (maybe 2nd with a little luck).

Obviously, Impact Baseball is ranking teams during the preseason like most polls do, based on history. I would be curious to know if Impact Baseball EVEN has West Rowan ranked. Can you tell me this? Because if WR isn't ranked high, (very high), then ImpactBaseball isn't getting updated information.

8. NCBBallFan

Impact

Wuf - I think the pre-season rankings are on the public domain side of Impact baseball.

From their main web page, just click on Polls. If it's on the public side, we can talk about positions in the polls.

They normally only care about Individual Player stuff & scouting reports, but I don't want to take any proprietary info from their site without express consent.

Once you have signed up, everything is just there and it's hard to figure out whats on the public side and whats on the private side.

Link:http://www.impactbaseball.com/

9. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

Splity, what's up with

Freedom? I haven't kept up with baseball the last couple of years, so I don't know much about them. I've heard the Zimmerman kid is tough and has a cannon for an arm. I think he plays CF for Freedom, but I heard he was a heck of a catcher as well. I think he's such a good athlete and that's why he has to play CF for Freedom. Know much else about them since you probably played Legion Ball with some of their players. Thanks for any info, I look forward to seeing EB play this year.

10. NCBBallFan

Vance Baseball

We had a Junior from Vance join the chat session who assured us that baseball was alive and kicking over at the Big V this season - just not too deep. It may be a long season (Garringer type) for Vance this year according to the player.

Come post contrary opinions Vance supporters!!!!
    ;) ;)