1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scouting Reports: All Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Nostradamus, Jan 29, 2003.

1. splity

splity Full Access Member

Freedom

Well I really dont know how they will do because I dont know much about their last years jv's but i do know a few of their players from legion Clint is going to be their power hitter as you can tell from his frame, I like Clint alot and hes a good guy cant wait to compete against him. Alex Dergins hope i didnt speel it wrong hes a really good infeilder will play in legion. One pitcher that i remember from fall ball that can throw it really well hes a junior not sure about his name though hes a good pitcher. Hitting idk much about them but pitching they are young and not very deep. I think they could be the sleeper of our conference. Nobody is expecting much from them i dont guess. Hope this helps out some.

2. ajax

ajax Full Access Member

splity, did you guys add a Kestner (sp.) kid to your staff from Freedom?

3. splity

I dont know yet he may but hes still cheerleading so we'll shall see im just saying i dont know yet

4. ajax

ajax Full Access Member

he's a cheerleader on the basketball team?

5. splity

No, hes cheering for basketball, like a cheerleader with the uniform and everything. He told me thats how hes going to go to college to cheer or something like that.

6. ajax

ajax Full Access Member

He's a male cheerleader is what you are saying? I guess baseball somes 2nd..You guys have Stewart/Yoder as your 1-2 punch, do you think if he comes out that he will be #3?

7. splity

I dont think so because robbie putnam is realy throwing good and i think he is going to be the #3 or closer this year. But you know that another arm can never hurt a team. But i like him personaly because hes one of my freinds. So i think he can help the team.

8. skynyrd17

skynyrd17 Junior Member

In high school baseball if you have pitching you win, bottom line. Northwest Cabarrus has probably the best staff in the NPC with their top three peaking over 85 mph (Dalton, Goodman, Patterson). Throw in quality catalysts that can give you strong innings (Stack, Karriker) and a young talent that could very well move into the 3rd spot in the rotation if Patterson struggles (Ketner), you have yourself what every coach dreams of, a strong pitching staff. Dalton who is probably the best in the NPC will shut down most opponents he faces and Goodman and Patterson also have the tools to do the same.

In saying all that about pitching I believe that the key to the Trojans success lies not on the pitching staff but on the shoulders of Josh McKnight. His leadership, presence and pure ability could make or break the Trojans this season. I expect to see big things from McKnight, the pitching staff and the Trojans this year including a NPC championship and a long run in the state playoffs.

9. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Skynyrd, I agree with you that Northwest Cabarrus has excellent senior leadership this spring with very strong pitching. And for those outsiders that like good pitching, they need to come see Lucas, he's a very good one. NW also has a very nice blend of excellent young talent, which may or may not contribute this spring because of the upperclassmen at NW. Nevertheless, West Rowan is "JUST" as talented even though most of WR's boys are only juniors. Also, the WR boys are accustomed to winning so I'm not sure that Northwest has the advantage with experience simply because of the age factor. Looks like an exciting spring in the NPC ahead. I've also heard good reports from East Rowan, Kannapolis and Mooresville in which these teams may be rebuilding, but apparently coming on strong. See ya at the ballpark...

10. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

rcb - wuf ....it seems like people agree with you two about West Rowan .... I wonder if they have been visiting our scouting reports:D :D :D