1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scouting Reports: All Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Nostradamus, Jan 29, 2003.

1. reddtroll

reddtroll intolerate member

My pick to win it (SW4A) looked good in the paper today. 3 H.R.s
    You know the " P " word.
    Please take it easy on the Bulldogs this year..

;)

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

troll:

I can't wait to see them this year. They are always difficult for anyone to match up against. It sure looks like they brought their "A" game to the show against Independence.

Did anyone out there see the game? I know Providence looked good (d'oh)... how did Indy look?

3. SouthLoop

SouthLoop S.Charlotte BB Researcher

This is all that I could get out of one Indy mom that was at the Providence/Independence game last night:

"A couple of those Providence guys look like grown men! The guy that started pitching was huge! When I got to the game, the game was in the 2nd inning and Indy was already down 4 to 0. Apparently one Providence batter had already hit one out. Providence hit a total of 3 out last night. Indy definitely had way to many errors in the field and no one was hitting. Our Indy guys looked real young to me compared to the Providence team. I think that Indy only has 4 seniors and the rest are juniors and sophomores."

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Ragsdale Baseball

Can someone fill me in on what to expect from them this year?

They have a great catcher in JK Whited and a promising young pitcher in Wes Wrenn, but who else are they counting on?

5. NCBBallFan

Re: Ragsdale

Don't forget Kunta Hicks, SS & P... he's a senior and Andy has a good write-up about him on the Impact site. He hasn't committed yet, but is a good power hitter also.

6. Braves

"P" word looked terrific yesterday, but you don't need to sandbag us Redtroll. Hicks threw very well and with Elliott and Haushalter, you guys can win any and every game. Have you been taking lessons from Prepster?..... the "Master Sandbagger".

Just curious, how did Jo-Jo and Sansavero play?

7. Braves

Yeah, I forgot Kunta...he's an exceptional athlete, but i believe he will be signing Pro not college.

8. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I don't follow Ragsdale baseball too closely but I do know that over the last several years they have had a run of exceptional athletes in every sport.

If I hear any reports Braves I'll pass them along.

oh yeah - check your PMs too.

9. Braves

I'd like to make a comment about JK Whited

I believe most of us would agree that catching is the least coached position or certainly undercoached. Then it would lead one to think that most good catchers are self taught. So, when discovering a "good" catcher, knowing he was self taught, you must applaud the effort it took for that kid to get where he is.

Well, JK, in my opinion, is the best catcher in the State. He does the fundamentals very well ( framing pitches, blocking bounced balls, POP times), but what seperates him from the others is his ability to control the game. He commands respect from his pitchers and seems to be in tune with what they want to throw and when. He's the quarterback on the field and he is also one tough sonofagun.

Any pitcher throwing to Whited should already count at least 2 runs saved because of his intelligence.... go watch him play..he's a treat..the kid is awesome!!

10. NCBBallFan

It's no accident that most of the pitchers/catchers go in the early signing period. You need so many pitchers and a good catcher like Whited is HARD TO FIND.

Hicks to me looks like OF material at the next level. He's got the bat, speed and arm. A lot of OF in the minors were ex-SS.