1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scrimmage Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by yankees, Feb 20, 2006.

1. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

well I finally made it out to Ragsdale about 4:00 to catch most of the Kannapolis - Ragsdale game. Made it there about the same time the cold front blew through.

Great to meet tj21 - he's got a good looking kid playing 2nd base out there b ut Ragsdale had their number today. We were too busy talking to keep any stats but Ragsdale put quite a few runs on the board. If they can hit the ball like that all season they will make a deep run in the playoffs. Pitching will be there. Trevor Mullins is the ace again. Brandon Phelps the other senior starter is also apparently throwing hard and will be on the mound instead of behind the plate this year. Juniors Caitlin Carter and TYler Rankin give them two tough # three or four starters.

I didn't catch any of the other games - hate that I missed so much free baseball but work called. Season opener Tuesday at home against East Davidson. Don't think I can make that one but hope to make Thursday's game against Mt Tabor

2. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Person Scrimmages

Thursday 2/23:

Person 3, Orange 0

Person had 3 hits offensively with Robbie Byrd 2-3, 2B, run and Jerrod Moore 1-3.
    Pitching Staff did well.

Jerrod Moore- SR/RHP (2IP, 0 rins, 1 hit, 5K's, 0 BB)
    Robbie Byrd - SR/RHP (2IP, 0 runs, 1 hit, 5K's, 0 BB)
    Elliott Tolley - JR/LHP (1IP, 0 runs, 2K's, 1 BB)
    Jeremy Peed - SO/RHP (1IP, 0 runs)
    Hunter Wrenn - JR/LHP (1IP, 0 runs, 3 K's, 1 BB)

Orange is a well coached team and has a very solid shortstop (SOPH). Good pitching staff also.

Saturday, 2/25/06: Game 1

Person 5, SW Randolph 4

Person's youth in the field showed a little in this game, but overall, it was a pretty good game.

Craig Reid SO/INF - 2-3, Robbie Byrd 1-3, RBI, Jeremy Peed SO/INF 1-1, Aaron Campbell JR/C 1-2, RBI, Elliott Tolley 1-3.

Pitching:
    Jerrod Moore, Elliott Tolley, and Gary Utley pitched well in this game, with Utley pitching the 6th and allowing a hit with 3 K's.

Game 2:

Person 3, Southern Alamance 3

Robbie Byrd, Hunter Wrenn, Jeremy Peed and Christopher Morgan (SO/LHP) pitched well in this one. Wrenn (2IP, 1 hit, 4 K's)

Byrd 2-3, Doug Weaver JR/1B, 1-3 RBI, Dustin Reaves JR/3B 1-3, RBI

Both of these teams were very solid... SWR has a pretty darn good LHP that will probably carry them this season. Both teams extremely well-coached and very disciplined. I love the way they go after it!!

We played pretty well, but will have to play much better to beat a good South Granville team in the season opener on Tuesday.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

SW Randolph and Southern Alamance are both good teams - good wins for Person

edit - well I see the S Alamance game was a tie. still a good showing. Ragsdale has SWR in conference and S Alamance on the schedule this year

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  4. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

West Stanly

West Stanly played two games today at Providence High School. The first was against Providence and the second against Richmond. West went 1-1 with a win against Providence and the loss to Richmond.
    Tyler Almond, Kurt Benton, and Matthew Burrelson combine for a one hitter against Providence. Almond, Burrelson and Ryan Campbell also hit home runs.
    Nathan Furr, Wil Huneycutt, Bradly Love, and Matt Large pitched against Richmond. Huneycutt took the loss. Richmond is a good hitting team as they had two home runs, the first off of Furr(1 run) the second off of Huneycutt (3 run). I am sorry that I didn't get the names of the other teams as there were no lineup cards. The right fielder for Richmond can flat out smash the ball. I believe he went 2/3 or 3/4 today.
    I believe the score of the Providence game was West Stanly 7 Providence 0, Richmond 5 West Stanly 3. A little cool today but just a great day for baseball.

5. blademan

blademan Full Access Member

Good to hear Jubal is getting to pitch some. His coach used to not let him, just play short. Last year during the showcase season my team played the team coached by West Stanlys coach and I let Jubal throw against them. Coach must of liked what he saw. Will played for me as well. Both of those guys and their families are top notch, and I wish nothing but the best for them. We (as in Piedmont) get to play WS again this year, and I'm looking forward to visiting with some of those guys.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Wossa,,,, after so many trips up to Ragsdale for HS and Legion games the past few years, it was great to finally meet you today. I believe Ragsdale is going to be "ok" this year, in fact don't know where they're ranked statewide, but they've certainly got to be in the top 10, maybe top 5. Trevor on the mound is going to make you guys especially tough against anyone, he's the "man" this year. Good Luck with dem Eastern Randolph boys and hopefully we'll see you guys again later in the year. :waving:

Btw to Blademan,,, are you serious about Piedmont putting 30 on someone???:1peekdoor Great, just what the rest of the SPC needs, Piedmont to have great sticks to go along with their great pitching...:banginghe

7. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

Piedmont

Hello Coach Mode,
    I was at the showcase in Hickory, and watched Jubal pitch there. You are right the Huneycutts and Burrelson's are good people. I look forward to the game on April 26th in Unionville. The only down side to that game is that West plays Forrest Hills on the 28th. From a baseball standpoint just once I would like to see West and Piedmont not have a conference game the same week. Especially this year so we could see a Timmy King/Tyler Almond match-up, damn that would be a great pitching contest. So much for wishing. I am glad Montana is doing well, do you think he will start behind the plate this year? How is Jar head doing?

8. blademan

I guess you have one up on me cause I don't know who you are yet. Montana and Jordan Edwards split every other inning today. Traditionally, Coach Flow plays his seniors, regardless. I think Jordan will get the nod, but if he stumbles Montana will get a shot. If he does he'll have to take advantage of the opportunity. He was 3 for 4 today with a long HR. Jarhead is batting 3rd in the lineup, between Timmy and Lyerly. He's hitting balls out every practice and liners off the walls. He plays second when Timmy pitches, and SS when Lyerly pitches.

9. blademan

tj21 don't read too much into it. (sandbagging being applied here, hehheh) The Alleghany guys really did look rusty. The pitching was slow and all over the place. When they did throw a strike our guys were pulling them foul as they just couldn't wait. This years team really can hit though, top to bottom. They really did score somewhere in that range, couldn't keep up after a while. Went through two pitchers and batted around (batting everybody) in the first.

10. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Hickory High and Burns scrimmaged on Thursday. Hickory looked very strong without three starters from basketball. Derek Boliek led off the game with a first pitch homerun and had an outstanding game. Pitching looked really good for Hickory. Clay Smith and Greg Baker were the two main pitchers for Hickory. Final score of the game was Hickory beating Burns 12-3.