1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scrimmage, Weeks 1, 2 & 3 Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

What sports does he cheer for in the spring? And what's the deal with the male cheerleaders at EB? Have they started some kind of program where they work with them to get scholarships? None of those three ever appear to be all that happy or enthused when they're cheering, unless they're holding a girl above their head :)))

2. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Seems like EB has a competition squad, not sure though. I heard the same about Josh, that UT had offered him a scholarship to cheer.

3. ajax

ajax Full Access Member

Him not playing hurts East Burke's pitching staff..Splity when do you guys play or have you played yet (Scrimmage included),and whats your take on AC Reynolds beating Asheville and Roberson..Also, waht about South committing 10 errors and still beating Hibriten?

4. splity

splity Full Access Member

We (east Burke) has not played a game or scrimmage yet but we open up against Newton Conover on monday, hopefully we'll get to play, and then we play them again on wednesday. I agree Kestner not playing could hurt us but I think that it will pay off in the long run because of junior pitchers robbie putnam and bryan burns will have to step up for the team.

5. RainbowDemon

RainbowDemon Junior Member

ACR baseball

Rockets topped last years 3a state champs TC Roberson 7-1 but TCR had 8 players sign scholarships off last years great team and Maybin is still playing basketball so I wouldn't read too much into that, but it's still a good win anytime we beat Roberson....Rockets beat Erwin today 13-2 to go 3-0...new coach and an encouraging start.

6. playme

playme Full Access Member

ACHS posted a win against St. Stevens and Shane Matthews last week. They have St. Stevens again 3/4, Hickory 3/5, and Davie 3/7. Hopefully the weather will permitt. The ACHS vs Wilkes Central will be made up 3/19..

7. Mtntop

Mtntop Junior Member

I live up in the mountains and from talking to some people it sounds like they have been doing nothing but hitting, hitting, and mor hitting. I know that in the first game of the season they went down to North Forsyth and lost 3-1. Josh Leyshon gave up 2 earned runs (1 unearned) and the Pioneers left 10 men in scoring postition, bases loaded twice and 2nd and 3rd once. They will travel back down there on Monday. This past Saturday (3-1-03) they went down to South Meck and had a 2-0 lead in the third with two runners on and zero outs when the game was called b/c of rain. So far thats been two solid performances for Watauga. The rest of the non-conference schedule: South Meck (1) North Forsyth (1), West Forsyth (2), Charlotte Christian (2), and North Davidson (2). All of these teams have been ranked except North Davidson at either ihigh.com or at impactbaseball.com. Watch out for Watauga; pitching has been good and they are getting runners on base against good teams.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yes, I watched Watauga on Saturday. Mighty impressed with theit hitting and Nigaro is an excellent player. It was hard to get a feel for the game, nobody wanted to be there because of the weather. I liked Watauga and great fans, also. But did you have to bring that bad weather with you? :D

9. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Saturday scores from the mountains

AC Reynolds 13 Erwin 2
    Tuscola 9 Pisgah 1
    East Henderson 11 North Henderson 1

The only game highlights I have seen was concerning the Tuscola game. Every starter hed at least 1 hit. Downey got the win for Tuscola and McConnell had 3 hits in the game.

This was a nice bounce back for East Henderson after their season opening loss to Hendersonville.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

AC Reynolds has been a big surprise so far this year. Tuscola continues to confirm my belief that they are a top 5 team in the state